Fantasy

missygirl

No hairdryers in the cabins on any of the 8 Fantasy-class ships (except maybe the Suites).

Yes, there's shampoo & body wash in the shower (but I bring my own in travel size bottles).

If you click on the ship name at the top of the board, you'll find all the threads about the ship and the reviews.

You can call your cabin steward, and ask him/her to bring you a hair dryer. No problem, although if you have LOTS of thick hair, they are a bit anemic. If you have a small travel hair dryer, that's a better bet, as long as weight/space in your luggage is no problem. ;) As noted, shampoo is available in the cabin/shower.

"SKY"

And besides all the threads on this board, you should also read through Carnival's FAQ section. I realize we're all "experts" here, but you can find a lot of info directly from Carnival if do your homework!

I have 38 nights on Fantasy and miss her. I had one last cruise booked on her and now they're swapping ships before that date so I won't be able to go on her again unless I sail her from Florida, and there are just much better options if I'm going to cough up the funds to fly.

Enjoy your cruise.

And besides all the threads on this board, you should also read through Carnival's FAQ section. I realize we're all "experts" here, but you can find a lot of info directly from Carnival if do your homework!

I have 38 nights on Fantasy and miss her. I had one last cruise booked on her and now they're swapping ships before that date so I won't be able to go on her again unless I sail her from Florida, and there are just much better options if I'm going to cough up the funds to fly.

Enjoy your cruise.

Hello! We just booked the first cruise (got a great deal) of the Ecstasy out of Charleston. Feb. 6th, it leaves at 10 pm and is 7 nights, come join us! Not many cabins left though. No Nassau/Freeport.

Sorry, did not mean to hijack the thread.

NC has answered your questions correctly and added the advice to check the Carnival FAQ's... have a wonderful cruise!

Just cruised Fantasy the end of June, really enjoyed the ship and would happily sail her again! Sailing out of Charleston, not so much!!

Pat

Sadly the fight over a new terminal is still something that the old guard downtown is fighting. One of the reasons the Ecstasy is being moved to Charleston is because it already has the "scrubbers" that could help with the fight... from the local newspaper:

"In addition, the Ecstasy already has pollution-reducing scrubbers that clean exhaust gas and reduce sulfur dioxide emissions, which should result in cleaner air while the ship is in port."

Since the port is a 15 minute ride from home we do make allowances for the strange embarkation, plus it is Charleston and you gotta expect a bit of weirdness!

there are just much better options if I'm going to cough up the funds to fly.7a25.jpg

Where is that like button!!:) I am not a snobby platinum but I do enjoy my platinum perks! After going thru waiting in line 45 minutes to park in a warehouse, shuttled to terminal and then joining a long, long, line to get thru security on a very hot day, I was pretty much already done with sailing out of Charleston before I even got on the ship. I couldn't believe they didn't have a separate security line for Diamond, Platinum, and FTTF like they do at other ports. Debarkation wasn't much better!! Sorry to rant but worse experience I've had in 23 cruises.

Pat

I couldn't believe they didn't have a separate security line for Diamond, Platinum, and FTTF like they do at other ports. Debarkation wasn't much better!!

Pat

There is a separate line after security and sometimes there is a line at security for Plat/Diam (and sometimes FTTF). That line is not always used because many cruises have less than 100 combined P/D so they have 2 regular security lines. Again when the new terminal is built things will be much better.... not Carnivals fault.

As for Debarkation, never had a problem other than customs and that can happen at any port.