Price Drop

Mary49

Does Carnival drop the prices when it closer to the cruise date? Been watching the prices for the Carnival Splendor in New York to go down for August but nothing yet. Thanks for the info. Mary49

It all depends on the type of cabin you choose. If one type of cabin is selling well and close to sold out, they may raise the price. If it's not selling well it will get lowered. If you have your heart set on a specific type of cabin and you're ok with the price now, it's best to book now. If the price drops you can fill out a form and send it in and get the difference as On Board Credit which will go toward what you spend on the ship.

It all depends on the type of cabin you choose. If one type of cabin is selling well and close to sold out, they may raise the price. If it's not selling well it will get lowered. If you have your heart set on a specific type of cabin and you're ok with the price now, it's best to book now. If the price drops you can fill out a form and send it in and get the difference as On Board Credit which will go toward what you spend on the ship.

I don't think the part about price drop us correct. It is too late for early saver in August (unless op meant august 2016), so the price paid would be the price paid.

However, I do agree that if you are good with the current price, just book it. The price could go down, if the ship is undersold, but, it could also go up a lot.

I don't think the part about price drop us correct. It is too late for early saver in August (unless op meant august 2016)' date=' so the price paid would be the price paid.

However, I do agree that if you are good with the current price, just book it. The price could go down, if the ship is undersold, but, it could also go up a lot.[/quote']

I agree with you in that without ES you would no longer get price drop OBC this close to an August cruise.

Ok let me piggyback here if I can...

On the carnival website form for the price protection it says this:

"By selecting yes, guest assumes all terms and conditions of the new promotion and may forfeit any or all features associated with the original fare, such as cabin assignment, onboard credit, an upgrade, special deposit and payment terms, etc."

I checked NO on the box that says Would you like to include fares where Carnival picks your room?

Yes No

By selecting yes, if we find this type of fare you will forfeit the stateroom number you have selected on your booking. Stateroom assignment will be provided at the time of check in on embarkation day.

so am I still in danger of losing my room or other OBC I already have? That's not worth the $40 in addtl OBC. This disclaimer makes it feel risky for people who are set on a specific room.

We just scored a price drop on our Liberty cruise in November. 2nd drop since we booked 10 months ago. We used a travel agent. I email her with a screen shoot. She responds that same day and sends an updated invoice the next day. Could not be easier!

Ok let me piggyback here if I can...

On the carnival website form for the price protection it says this:

I checked NO on the box that says Would you like to include fares where Carnival picks your room?

Yes No

By selecting yes, if we find this type of fare you will forfeit the stateroom number you have selected on your booking. Stateroom assignment will be provided at the time of check in on embarkation day.

so am I still in danger of losing my room or other OBC I already have? That's not worth the $40 in addtl OBC. This disclaimer makes it feel risky for people who are set on a specific room.

Hopefully, someone will come along and correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that, if you have early saver, one time only, you can switch from early saver to a guarantee cabin. If you do this, you get the guarantee rate, but lose your cabin choice (Carnival will pick it for you in the category you booked), and also lose any OBC that was included in your booking rate (I believe OBC incentive, like booking future cruise while on board, would be kept).

If you select "no," then you will only price match to pick your own cabin rates. You will keep your cabin, even with the price drop. They should only price match where it would result in you paying less, including any OBC you would lose that had been associated with the old fare.

Basically, do the math first, yourself, and see if you come out ahead with the new rate. If you do, submit the form.

Hopefully' date=' someone will come along and correct me if I'm wrong, but I [i']think[/i] that, if you have early saver, one time only, you can switch from early saver to a guarantee cabin. If you do this, you get the guarantee rate, but lose your cabin choice (Carnival will pick it for you in the category you booked), and also lose any OBC that was included in your booking rate (I believe OBC incentive, like booking future cruise while on board, would be kept).

If you select "no," then you will only price match to pick your own cabin rates. You will keep your cabin, even with the price drop. They should only price match where it would result in you paying less, including any OBC you would lose that had been associated with the old fare.

Basically, do the math first, yourself, and see if you come out ahead with the new rate. If you do, submit the form.

Thanks for the reply.

The OBC is through a TA so would that affect it being lost or not?

I saw the $40 price drop and thought "oh cool, an extra $40 in OBC would be great" but after reading the fine print it is not clear to me at all if that forfeits our current OBC through the TA and even though I checked the "please please please keep our room" option if we might actually lose the room after all.

Maybe its not worth the effort - I don't know!

Thanks for the reply.

The OBC is through a TA so would that affect it being lost or not?

I saw the $40 price drop and thought "oh cool, an extra $40 in OBC would be great" but after reading the fine print it is not clear to me at all if that forfeits our current OBC through the TA and even though I checked the "please please please keep our room" option if we might actually lose the room after all.

Maybe its not worth the effort - I don't know!

The OBC through the TA could either be:

1. A perk directly from the TA, which would be no different than if you bought Cruise Cash for your sail sign card. This would not be lost; or

2. Part of the rate under which you booked. This would be lost.

You would have to ask your travel agent.

All that said, if you booked through a TA, then THEY have to submit the price drop for you, anyway. You CANNOT do it yourself. Carnival won't process the form you submitted.

So, you are going to have to call your TA and talk to them about the new rate, and your OBC.

For August 12th, for a solo interior cabin it is $1658 but with taxes it comes to $1836... I think that it is too high. I am right, aren't I? Only time I could go and almost want to book it. Thanks for info. Mary49

I don't think the part about price drop us correct. It is too late for early saver in August (unless op meant august 2016)' date=' so the price paid would be the price paid.

However, I do agree that if you are good with the current price, just book it. The price could go down, if the ship is undersold, but, it could also go up a lot.[/quote']

My bad. Didn't notice they mentioned August.

For August 12th, for a solo interior cabin it is $1658 but with taxes it comes to $1836... I think that it is too high. I am right, aren't I? Only time I could go and almost want to book it. Thanks for info. Mary49

Only you can decide if it's worth the cost or not. It's a very personal decision.

However, for comparison, you can compare it to similar cruises for Aug 2016. While those prices may drop (or may go up), it should give you an idea what an average price is for that time of year.

Have you checked to see if this cruise is offered with the single supplement waived? It would be on the list by now. Otherwise, you have to decide that for yourself. Single cruisers typically pay more.

https://www.goccl.com/~/media/GOCCL/Files/Sales/SingleOccupancy.ashx