Crown outside cabins with obstructed view

calteacher

I'm a newbie to Princess having a number of cruises on HAL. We're considering a California coastal on the Crown. I'm considering an outside cabin with an obstructed view. When I look at the diagram on Princess, it seems that some of the "obstructed" cabins actually are between lifeboats. Is this accurate? For example, E414, E416, and E418 look as though there is some "daylight" between the boats.

Can anyone tell me if this is the case?

Thanks.

From one cal teacher to another, check out this site. You can see exactly how obstructed your view will be. The pics are very accurate. We chose an obstructed view on the Grand for the CA coastal in 2014 and one for our Alaska cruise on the Crown this year (but got an unexpected upgrade). The Crown is lovely and the coastal trip is very relaxing.

https://sites.google.com/site/cabinviewbyrenmar/diamond-sapphire-princess/cabins-200--231

Thanks so much. The pictures were so valuable. Cabins 414 and 416 are right by the elevator. Does that create a problem? I may submit another thread just regarding elevator noise.

No need to. There is a thread or two on the elevator subject already if you try a search.

Princess cabins are pretty soundproof.

We have never had issues of noise being near the elevators .

I would just suggest one never get a cabin that shares a wall with an elevator shaft. :(

Edited by Colo Cruiser