Conquest/New Year's Itinerary Change

Yes, we do like sea days, but it sounds like Half Moon Cay is someplace special. I think we're going to go to the island and if we like it, we'll stay. If we get too hot, or if we think we'll like the ship more, we'll go back and enjoy the ship without any of the crowds. Either way, we can't lose. We were on the Ecstasy last Christmas, blew off the island and had a whole deck to ourselves. Sittin' in a hot tub, drinking a Corona, and watching the other ships go in and out of the harbor was not too bad.

Hi!

I am sailing on the Conquest in December and I am curious as to how you got a rep to tell you about the cabanas? Whenever I tried calling, I get mis-information! 1 rep said they are all sold out (and that was 2 days ago) and another rep said that they aren't offered online yet. LOL!

Cindy

Hi Cin!

I sent an email to Carnival shore excursion dept., they said that they are still loading the HMC excursions for our sailing and to keep checking periodically.

This email was yesterday. I sent it just to confirm my belief that they had not posted yet because A) it was a recently added port and B) the Glory changed from HMC to Amber Cove for this date.

Yes, we do like sea days, but it sounds like Half Moon Cay is someplace special. I think we're going to go to the island and if we like it, we'll stay. If we get too hot, or if we think we'll like the ship more, we'll go back and enjoy the ship without any of the crowds. Either way, we can't lose. We were on the Ecstasy last Christmas, blew off the island and had a whole deck to ourselves. Sittin' in a hot tub, drinking a Corona, and watching the other ships go in and out of the harbor was not too bad.

There are many lounge chairs in the shady areas so we dont find it that hot.

Awesome place and wish more ships would go there

For whatever it is worth have been to HMC 4x.

Three times grabbed lounge chairs in the shade and had a very nice beach day.

Last time a group of us rented a villa and had an awesome day. Going back and doing the same in Oct.

Other than that dont see a need to do any sort of shore excursion here.

Thanks lovemygrandkids.

I will not get my DH & DS on HMC for more than a short while if we don't score a cabana down towards the quiet end of the beach. They & I prefer a more quiet & relaxing cruise experience for this cruise (except NYE of course, LOL!). We don't like being crowded in a mass sea of people either.

Anyway a cabana is the shore excursion I am hoping to get, nothing else.

If not, we'll go ashore for a while and then go pretend the ship is ours! LOL

Thanks lovemygrandkids.

I will not get my DH & DS on HMC for more than a short while if we don't score a cabana down towards the quiet end of the beach. They & I prefer a more quiet & relaxing cruise experience for this cruise (except NYE of course, LOL!). We don't like being crowded in a mass sea of people either.

Anyway a cabana is the shore excursion I am hoping to get, nothing else.

If not, we'll go ashore for a while and then go pretend the ship is ours! LOL

If you walk down the beach a ways you will be by yourself. No shade or chairs though as I recall but still a very nice beach.