Conquest/New Year's Itinerary Change

Just got an email from Carnival that one of our sea days has been changed to Half Moon Cay. What can you tell me about this port? Does the ship tender there or are we at a dock? Things to do, things to avoid, or should we just keep our "sea day" and stay on the ship? What do you think?

Thanks.

Half Moon Cay is a Tender port. The Tender process is quick and the tenders can carry a lot of people and have easy accessibility when getting on. It is Carnival Corp.'s Private Island shared with Holland America Line. There is a lunch buffet on the island included.

Just go to the beach, probably reserve a cabana. There is a lunch buffet on the island included. Pretty much just lounge around.

BTW wear a lot of sun screen there, you will most likely get a sun burn.

Edited by Gizmo88

The most amazing beach on I have ever been too. if you want to save on the cabana rent a clam shell and lounge around. the sand here is so soft. and yes... bring plenty of sun screen. I wish we could get a change like this on our Dec 6 Conquest cruise

Just got an email from Carnival that one of our sea days has been changed to Half Moon Cay. What can you tell me about this port? Does the ship tender there or are we at a dock? Things to do, things to avoid, or should we just keep our "sea day" and stay on the ship? What do you think?

Thanks.

HMC is a private island owned by Carnival Corp. It is BEAUTIFUL, best water and sand I have ever seen. You tender to the island, 5-10 minute ride. Lunch is provided at no cost. If you are not a beach person, I would stay on the ship.

Thanks for the great comments. We specifically picked this cruise because of the southern itinerary and the four sea days (we love them). I was hoping I wasn't giving up a sea day for a so-so port, but this place sounds like a slice of heaven. We used to love Castaway Cay when we went on Disney cruises, and this sounds similar. Hope you all have great sailings!

We're with you on that cruise BTrom....also were looking forward to 4 sea days.

We love the Sea Day Brunch menu!

It's sad to get it so late though. For sure Carnival Glory is there & have surely bought out all the cabanas as I called Carnival yesterday and they said there were 2 left but are not even posted for our cruise yet.

Chances of scoring one now are pretty scarce.

Guess we'll make lemonade....Mmmm...Vodka Lemonade :D

Sea ya on board!

Thanks.

You can rent a cabana on the beach for the day, and usually they are very hard to get because they are so popular and sell out way in advance. If you can afford it, I would book one pronto before they are sold out. You book it online in the shore excursions area on Carnival's website.

• 4 weeks later...

It's sad to get it so late though. For sure Carnival Glory is there & have surely bought out all the cabanas as I called Carnival yesterday and they said there were 2 left but are not even posted for our cruise yet.

Sea ya on board!

Are you sure Glory is also there that day?

Never heard of two ships there at one time.

Thanks.

That is an awesome change to your cruise:):)

Are you sure Glory is also there that day?

Never heard of two ships there at one time.

No they are not now, they were changed to Amber Cove, DR.

Wish they would get the shore excursions up for us now,

I have been checking like a bazillion times a day...LOL

Edited by silvercrikhix

No they are not now, they were changed to Amber Cove, DR.

Wish they would get the shore excursions up for us now,

I have been checking like a bazillion times a day...LOL

For whatever it is worth have been to HMC 4x.

Three times grabbed lounge chairs in the shade and had a very nice beach day.

Last time a group of us rented a villa and had an awesome day. Going back and doing the same in Oct.

Other than that dont see a need to do any sort of shore excursion here.

Sea ya on board!

Hi!

I am sailing on the Conquest in December and I am curious as to how you got a rep to tell you about the cabanas? Whenever I tried calling, I get mis-information! 1 rep said they are all sold out (and that was 2 days ago) and another rep said that they aren't offered online yet. LOL!

Cindy