Trying to pare down WiFi costs

NorbertsNiece

A few years back, there was a special printer that actually just printed out emails automatically. Couldn't compose or anything it was just designed for when and email was sent it spit out the printer.

It was designed for a 'more mature' generation shall we say so their family and friends could email them without the hassle of explaining getting on a computer.

I googled it today, but couldn't find it.

Is internet actually available all the way around the horn? I really only want to check my emails once or twice a day, but I'm thinking unlimited is probably still the way to go on this 14 night cruise.

we checked our email from antarctica...so yes, there is service "around the horn".

Just to put this discussion in perspective...when we cruise, we check our mail twice a day and upload quicken once a day (to check for credit card fraud). I also usually have a "live from" blog going on CC. We use quicken and outlook mail to download the mail...then we sign off..respond as needed and sign on to send any responses....so actually we probably connect three or four times a day. Our experience is that we need the $99 package to do this...that's one $99 package. We're actually elite + so we get two of those packages as perks which leaves us quite a buffer.

Our content is generally text...we don't send/receive pictures until we reach a port...and we don't look at facebook, instagram, shop or read mail online which obviously would increase internet time. We do this when we're in port using an ipad mini which is small enough to lug around for the day and allows us to sign on and linger when we find an internet bar/restaurant/whatever.

Only you know how much of an internet junky you are...in my case, I'm always on the internet at home but on cruises, I find it interferes with my drinking and eating so not so much :)

Edited by ghstudio