Indecisive! Where to stay!

JLBellaCC

So we are flying into Orlando one day before a short cruise out of Canaveral. When we return from the cruise we are staying for a week at WDW. What is giving me trouble is where to stay the first night. Should we stay in Orlando, or at a nice WDW resort for the one night- and then travel to the port in the morning? Or go direct to Port Canaveral and stay there overnight? We like the beach, and fun little beachy bars- but we have never been to the Canaveral area, so I am not sure if it is our scene. Also, torn between getting a shuttle to the port or renting a car. Any thoughts?

What time do you arrive? How much of the day do you have? :confused:

Rent a car - cheaper and you can dine/shop/sleep where you want - and, since you will be in Orlando/WDW after the cruise, stay in Cocoa Beach.

Considering you will be at WDW for a week after the cruise I also agree that you would have a better time going to Cocoa Beach then staying in Orlando the day for the cruise. In Orlando it is around an hour drive to the closet beach, since you get in early at 11am you will have plenty of time to enjoy the day at the beach and some drinks.

You mentioned you like beach bars if you do stay in Cocoa Beach then maybe go to Coconuts on the beach. http://www.coconutsonthebeach.com

You can have drinks over looking the ocean. Picture below

Untitled.jpg

Edited by jb456