Just off Getaway - 7/10-7/18/15 - mini review :)

youngestof9

Rebel yell had a great bathroom and you did not need to go downstairs

We did do our tour on Tuesday. They were great to work with. I'd send an email

Thanks! Getting positive answers just makes the decision more difficult. :D

Hi. I'm interested in the Pandora charms also although not set on them being actual Pandora as long as they fit my Pandora bracelet. Something that has to do with the island. I got a cute one in Bermuda with the moon gate and Bermuda longtail on it. Something along those lines...Did you see any of this type in St. Thomas, Tortola or the John Bull store you mentioned in Nassau? We weren't planning on getting off the ship in Nassau (been many times) but will if I can get a charm!

My latest Pandora charm was a little cruise ship....that kind of covers all ports :)

Do you remember what hours the water slides and the rock wall were open? Thanks

Sorry forgot to answer this! I answered the other post but I'll put it here in case anyone searches

Day 1

Ropes 12-2:30, 5-7:30

Water slides 12-2:30, 5-8

Rock wall 5-7:30

Day 2

Ropes 10-7

Water slides 10-8

Rock wall 9-12, 3-6

Day 3

Rock wall 9-12, 3-6

Ropes10-7

Water slides 10-8

Day 4 STT

water slides 10-8

Ropes 1-4, 7-9

Rock wall 4-8

Day 5 Tortola

Water slides 10-8

Ropes 2-8

Rock wall 3-8

Day 6 sea

Rock wall 9-12, 3-6

Ropes 10-7

Water slides 10-8

Day 7 Nassau

Rock wall 9-11, 4-7

Ropes 9-12, 4-8

Water slides 10-8

Edited by youngestof9

Thank you so much for the review! It's interesting that you mentioned that you enjoyed the Getaway more than the Breakaway though they are sister ships. My husband and I were on the Epic and then sailed the Breakaway and were a little disappointed with the Breakaway after coming off the Epic. That said, we do love NCL and wanted to give the Getaway and Escape a try. I'm happy to hear someone else that may have had similar issues with the Breakaway really enjoy the Getaway. We are sailing on her in an Aft facing balcony in October.

Now to my question, haha, what did you think of the Vibe Beach Club, and is it worth it? We were thinking about trying to maybe get cabanas but we aren't sure...Could you maybe tell me a little about the area and what you liked and didn't like about?

Thank you so much for the review! It's interesting that you mentioned that you enjoyed the Getaway more than the Breakaway though they are sister ships. My husband and I were on the Epic and then sailed the Breakaway and were a little disappointed with the Breakaway after coming off the Epic. That said, we do love NCL and wanted to give the Getaway and Escape a try. I'm happy to hear someone else that may have had similar issues with the Breakaway really enjoy the Getaway. We are sailing on her in an Aft facing balcony in October.

Now to my question, haha, what did you think of the Vibe Beach Club, and is it worth it? We were thinking about trying to maybe get cabanas but we aren't sure...Could you maybe tell me a little about the area and what you liked and didn't like about?

I LOVED vibe!! Even though we couldn't use it all the time because we had our kids with us, we thoroughly enjoyed it. As I mentioned the bartender was amazing. He was fun and friendly and was a great bartender. Tried all sorts of drinks. It was a great place if you want a quieter spot. I didn't get a cabana. I like the regular loungers so the only reason I'd get a cabana is if that was my only way to get a vibe pass. There were plenty of chairs all the different times I was there. We went up early one morning just to enjoy the empty hot tubs. We loved it on breakaway too. Any ship that has it I will try to get it!! The 2 times we used it (meaning the 2 ships) we found the people in the area to be really nice. Met some nice people.

Have a great time. I never thought anything would surpass epic. But getaway was simply great!

Edited by youngestof9

Thanks for your review! What time did you disembark in order to make it for your noon flight out of FLL?

We were outside by 8:30 and called SAS who were already there as a ride-share. (We had a reservation so when you're ready you need to call ). We walked right over to their waiting vehicles (side note: Larry is a driver from SAS who was so full of sh$?!$ I couldn't wait to get to the airport!!! If you believed him he basically did everything, ran everything and was the reason for all the good things about cruises. Oh my god. Lol. But SAS was reliable both ways) We picked up a few people at the carnival terminal and went to FLL. We could have easily made an 11 am! I know there could be issues, but it was an easy disembarkation. We did grab a porter for our luggage who was great and walked us through to the right customs area.

We were outside by 8:30 and called SAS who were already there as a ride-share. (We had a reservation so when you're ready you need to call ). We walked right over to their waiting vehicles (side note: Larry is a driver from SAS who was so full of sh$?!$ I couldn't wait to get to the airport!!! If you believed him he basically did everything, ran everything and was the reason for all the good things about cruises. Oh my god. Lol. But SAS was reliable both ways) We picked up a few people at the carnival terminal and went to FLL. We could have easily made an 11 am! I know there could be issues, but it was an easy disembarkation. We did grab a porter for our luggage who was great and walked us through to the right customs area.

LOL! :) If you were out by 8:30, did you carry your own luggage off? What time did you have to get in line to get off the ship?

LOL! :) If you were out by 8:30, did you carry your own luggage off? What time did you have to get in line to get off the ship?

We had priority bag tags so we were able to walk off whenever and find the porter to help grab our bags from where they were delivered. There were tons of people doing self walk off though at that time. Custom lines were quick and efficient (better than NY!!)

Hi, we're thinking heavily of booking a trip on the Getaway in September. We haven't cruised NCL in a LONG time. Anxious to try again. What is a vibe pass? Forgive my ignorance!

Thanks,

Tracy

Thank you for the review! I know there is an adult's only pool on deck 16, but are the kids allowed in both pools on deck 15? We sailed on the Breakaway last year and they didn't let our 13 year old in the main pool.

Hi, we're thinking heavily of booking a trip on the Getaway in September. We haven't cruised NCL in a LONG time. Anxious to try again. What is a vibe pass? Forgive my ignorance!

Thanks,

Tracy

Vibe Beach Club is a private sundeck area on deck 17. It has 2 hot tubs, a bar, fresh fruit skewers and padded loungers. It's adults only. It costs $79 per person for the week and they sell a very limited amount of passes. There are also 5 cabanas that are $299 for the week with $100 food credit and you are assigned a particular cabana that's only yours for the week.

Thank you for the review! I know there is an adult's only pool on deck 16, but are the kids allowed in both pools on deck 15? We sailed on the Breakaway last year and they didn't let our 13 year old in the main pool.

there are 2 pools on deck 15 - one is adults only. Spice H20 is on deck 16 and has no pool but is adults only. It has a hot tub and a water feature. Deck 15 also has a kids aqua park area.

Vibe Beach Club is a private sundeck area on deck 17. It has 2 hot tubs, a bar, fresh fruit skewers and padded loungers. It's adults only. It costs $79 per person for the week and they sell a very limited amount of passes. There are also 5 cabanas that are $299 for the week with $100 food credit and you are assigned a particular cabana that's only yours for the week.

Thank you!!!!

Since I was specifically looking for the authentic Bahamas Pandora charm, that's what I sought out. So I didn't see anything that wasn't authentic, but like I said, I wasn't looking :)

I bought this: http://www.pandoramoa.com/bahamas-charm.html#.VbBO7bNVhBc

and even though you can buy it locally, I wanted to buy it IN the Bahamas to make it special. It was $60 with no tax.

We literally walked to John Bull, wandered back through the makeshift souvenir shops right at the port and back to the ship!

Thank you for this info! We got off the ship pretty much just long enough to get to John Bull and buy this charm. Like you said, even though it's available in the states, something about getting in the Bahamas makes it more memorable. Got the basic Pandora cruise ship one in St. Thomas with "St. Thomas" engraved on the bottom too so feels a little more "souvenir" like also!

Thank you for this info! We got off the ship pretty much just long enough to get to John Bull and buy this charm. Like you said, even though it's available in the states, something about getting in the Bahamas makes it more memorable. Got the basic Pandora cruise ship one in St. Thomas with "St. Thomas" engraved on the bottom too so feels a little more "souvenir" like also!

awesome!! I could have spent a pretty penny in John Bull, but restrained myself. LOL. Glad you were able to find it :)