Just got back from the Caribbean Princess

torbs

Okay, I have finally arrived home but too tired for an extensive review. I would be very happy to answer questions however. A full review to follow but I think others will be me to it. Bring'em on.

Until 4/3 Caribbean Princess

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2004;4;3;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Caribbean Princess 4/3/04

Navigator of the Seas 8/03

Voyager of the Seas 6/01

Oh thank you. We have been waiting all day!. Did you get to the aft pool? Were there any tables on the terrace by the bar? Could you hear the movies under the stars back there? Thank you again,

Sue

7 days on Star Princess

October 24, 2004

Welcome back and thanks for the post!

My top questions are:

1) Everyone was concerned about overcrowding. What is your opinion?

2) How was the Movies Under the Stars. Was it well organized? Too Loud?

3) How was the food?

Thanks - we have all been dying back here for any information.

Brenda

I did not visit the aft pool too often, not as much sun. There were some tables back there but I wouldn't say a bunch. Most of the action was at the two middle pools. I would say the aft pool had a laid back feel but it is also where the kid rooms/pool is located.

You couldn't hear the movie from back there. It is located at the pool that is below the smoke stacks. The screen is right in front. I thought it was very cool however for certain nights/movies, they required reservations. The same movie played every night for the most part (somethings got to give). The other two nights were concerts (tina turner and somebody who i never heard off but that is not saying much)

i hope this helps

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2004;4;3;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Voyager of the Seas 6/01

Torbs,

I will be on the CP on May 1st, do you recall the name of the Maitre'd and any of the room captains?

Thank you.

Bruce

Crown 1991 Eastern Caribbean

Dreamward 1994 Bermuda

Sun 1997 Western Caribbean

Grand 1999 Mediterranean

Dawn 2000 Southern Caribbean

Ocean 2001 Mexican Riviera

Crown 2001 Hawaii/Tahiti

Dawn 2002 Eastern Caribbean

Conquest 2003 W. Caribbean

Dawn 2003 Transit Panama Canal

Hi torbs. Thanks for answering our questions tonight.

What did they use the movie screen for during the day?

Did you try the food in the Caribe Cafe?

Thanks again.

Jason Pancake

Grand Princess - 03/11/2001 (<A HREF=http://www.houseofpancake.com/pictures.php?id=14>Pictures</A>)

Caribbean Princess 11/20/2004

Torbs,

What are the approximate hours they run the movies? Is there more than one an evening?

Sharon

Elation 05/98

Paradise 04/99

Destiny 10/99

Inspiration 05/00

Enchantment of the Seas 10/00

Rhapsody of the Seas 03/01

Carnival Spirit 05/01

Grandeur of the Seas 11/01

Ocean Princess 04/02

Jubilee 09/02

Carnival Conquest 03/03

Serenade of the Seas 11/08/03

Rhapsody of the Seas 02/29/04-Daughter's Wedding

Caribbean Princess 06/05/04

Cast off the ropes, cast off your cares...we're outta here

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;06;05;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 <marquee>SUNSHINE DAYDREAM...GOIN' WHERE THE CLIMATE SUITS MY CLOTHES</marquee>

Family Fun:

I think I am partial to RCCL when it comes to the mega ships for this was my first Princess experience. Inaugural cruise aside here are my responses to your questions:

1) I think overcrowding was a problem for the PC diners. We went the traditional route, second seating and did not have a problem. I heard many people complain about the PC issue. In general however, overcrowding did not seem to be a problem other than see days. I don't think the layout of the ship is necessarily the best for the amount of people. However, I might say that about the Grand or Golden if they are basically all the same. There didn't seem to be a flow.

2) Movies Under the Stars was neat other than the fact they played the same movie 4 of the seven days. You have to make a reservation and other than the first night, there was plenty of seating. 2 showings nightly. They will play videos during the day. I thought it did seem loud at times.

3) I thought the food in the main dining room was excellent. The buffet was okay. Very crowded for breakfast. Coming from 2 RCCL cruises, I felt Princess won this battle with the exception of the steak house (did not go to Sabatini's). There were major reservation problems with this room. According to the manager, they built the kitchen too small given the size of the restaurant. People would have to wait an extra 1/2 sometimes with empty tables in full view. Comparing this to Chops on RCCL, it does not hold a candle. RCCL does charge more but they make the experience closer to a Morton's or Capital Grille. Can't say the same for Princess.

I hope this helps

Voyager of the Seas 6/01

Hi Torbs, welcome back!! We are all awaiting the reviews and "tips" from the inaugural passengers!! I am sailing on 4/24! My questions are:

1)Did you eat or hear about anyone's experiences at the Steakhouse? Is it really that "special"..meaning what sets it apart from having a steak in the dining room?

2)How was the entertainment? Who was the cruise director----Paul or Graham?

3)Any do's and don'ts you'd like to share on excursions, ports, ship's activities, etc....

4)Your suggestion on the best place to have a gathering with cruise critic friends for the send off from Ft. lauderdale (sun deck bar, etc...)?

Thanks in advance---can't wait to hear all about it!

Suzy

The movies play twice a night, 7:30 and 10:30. During the day they show music videos, sometimes with and w/o sound. Kind of wierd. I think they are working the kinks out. In fact they were in the middle of posting two flat screens next to the bar under the main screen.

I did not try the Caribe Cafe but it seemed to get a crowd.

Voyager of the Seas 6/01

Thanks Torbs, appreciate you posting. I know it's late and you've had a long day!

anibunny.gif

Sharon

Elation 05/98

Paradise 04/99

Destiny 10/99

Inspiration 05/00

Enchantment of the Seas 10/00

Rhapsody of the Seas 03/01

Carnival Spirit 05/01

Grandeur of the Seas 11/01

Ocean Princess 04/02

Jubilee 09/02

Carnival Conquest 03/03

Serenade of the Seas 11/08/03

Rhapsody of the Seas 02/29/04-Daughter's Wedding

Caribbean Princess 06/05/04

Cast off the ropes, cast off your cares...we're outta here

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;06;05;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 <marquee>SUNSHINE DAYDREAM...GOIN' WHERE THE CLIMATE SUITS MY CLOTHES</marquee>

Suzy:

I did eat at the steakhouse but it was nothing special. Chops on RCCL blows it away.

Paul was the cruise director and I thought he was pretty lame. James, the asst cruise the director was very good. The entertainment in general was pretty good. This might sound weird but i think they might have had too many options. Compromises had to be made between me and the wife.

As far as excursions/activities were concerned, i would say there was anything that really stood out. I did notice some major changes in Cozumel. I was there in 6/2001 and came back with a very dirty feeling. They have since cleaned it up and even built a new cruise terminal. I was pleasantly surprised.

Best place for a get together, either of the middle pools on lido or sun deck

Voyager of the Seas 6/01

by the way, please excuse the typs and grammer. i am working on 4 hours sleep!

Voyager of the Seas 6/01

Oh my God

The first review is in. Please let the poor soul relax for 1 minute. I may be wrong but I'll bet there will be 100 questions by Sunday afternoon to this unexpected poster (or this not unexpected person). I'll check back after #100.

Fig

Caribbean Princess 5/15

DB:

Sea days are the only time pool chairs are a problem. If you got to the pool by 9:30/10 am no problem, otherwise, you might be inhailing some smoke. In fact the sun deck surrounding the pool was my preference. Not so much because of the sun but the breeze. The was a lot of dead air near the pool. This due to the fact the entire Lido deck is enclosed on the sides, no sliding windows like some other ships.

We had an outside balcony cabin on the Baja deck. Seemed to be pretty roomy. The cabins on Voyager class ships are a little bigger for a frame of reference.

Voyager of the Seas 6/01

No problem to both Suzys.

P.S. Suzw, give LL a little kiss on the cheek for me :-)

Voyager of the Seas 6/01

cruiseking:

i am sorry don't recall any of the names you are looking for. along those lines however, my wife's birthday via the cruise personalizer. I am not complaining, just warning those who make special requests should follow up with the appropriate people. I don't know if it was a web site or ship thing.

Voyager of the Seas 6/01

Archived