Port Times and Coki Beach

mastrip

I just found out today that our port times for our Thanksgiving cruise in St. Thomas has changed from 8 am - 6 pm to now it will be 7 am - 3 pm. I was planning on taking a taxi to Coki beach. Now that the time is shorter, I am wondering if this is still a good plan. Are taxis readily available at 7 am? Does anyone know the cost to get to Coki beach? Are they readily available to come back. We were planning on coming back early and taking the gondola up to Paradise Point, but that may not be a choice not with losing 2 hours in port. Thanks for the help.

I would think that would still be plenty of time. We got a taxi early enough to make the 8:00 a.m. ferry out of Red Hook when we were there. So, if you got an early start, you could have a few hours at Coki and still make it back for the ride to Paradise Point. I don't know the cost to get there.

When the ships are in the taxis are waiting. It will cost between $10 to $12 per person depending which port your boat lands. There will also be no problem getting a taxi back.

The tram takes you up to Paradise Point for a beautiful view but if you wanted extra time at the beach just skip that part.

I just found out today that our port times for our Thanksgiving cruise in St. Thomas has changed from 8 am - 6 pm to now it will be 7 am - 3 pm. I was planning on taking a taxi to Coki beach. Now that the time is shorter, I am wondering if this is still a good plan. Are taxis readily available at 7 am? Does anyone know the cost to get to Coki beach? Are they readily available to come back. We were planning on coming back early and taking the gondola up to Paradise Point, but that may not be a choice not with losing 2 hours in port. Thanks for the help.

You should have plenty of time to do both of your activities. Coki is a nice beach, about a 25 - 30 minute ride from Havensight. You should be there by 8:00 and honestly after about 3- 4 hours you are going to be ready to leave. Leaving at noon will have given you about 4. 5 hours on the beach and will get you back by 12:30 which will allow 2 hours to take the tram to Paradise Point. Usually an hour up there is plenty of time to get a drink and enjoy the view. You are only a 10 minute walk from there to the ship, so you should be back on board by 2:00 which is about 30 minutes before your on board time.

Yes sorry your day in port was shortened - bummer! :(

You can still enjoy Coki for a bit as Bill and others said and enjoy your time there!

If you want to enjoy PP you'll want to allow at least 2 hrs there because it will be busy. So just have the taxi drop you at PP and then take the tram down so you can experience that if time allows. Allow 15 - 20 minutes for your walk to the ship to be safe.

You will still have a great day, if you're enjoying Coki a lot leave PP for another visit!:)