Door deco...

volmoma

Thinking about our cruise in December..was looking on some different web sites and thought it would be neat to have a photo booth type door or beside the door deco. Attach a sign with instructions with some Christmas props. I NEVER use anything to damage the doors or walls and remove promptly on the last night. I'm figuring out a way to NOT have anything protruding into the hall walkway or bother the staff from their daily cleaning routines. I've noticed this is a pretty normally thing to do at parties, weddings and showers. I know I'm probably asking for a lot of late night activity at our door but we stay out late and are pretty well relaxed, if you know what I mean, when we call it a night. Just thought it would be something different than I've ever done before. Any thoughts or advise would be appreciated, hoping I'm not overlooking any problems that might arise. UNLESS your the cruisers that totally don't get how much fun it is to decorate your cabin door and enjoy looking at other doors that have also been decorated... [emoji41][emoji267][emoji484][emoji568]

There's plenty of ideas for a Xmas theme. I decorate our door with the gels. I get them at Big Lots. They don't damage the door and are quite festive. Get some battery operated lights to hang around your door, WalMart and Big Lots carry them for Xmas. There's pics around on how people decorated their cabin door(s). Have fun!

Not all doors are metal. You won't know until you get on board. I would use a command strip hanger on the inside of the door, put on upside down, run a ribbon tied to the board over the top of the door and slip over hook. This way it would be a little more difficult to snatch off the door. If your not worried about that just put a hanger on the door and hang. That's just my thoughts. [emoji3]

Not all doors are metal. You won't know until you get on board. I would use a command strip hanger on the inside of the door, put on upside down, run a ribbon tied to the board over the top of the door and slip over hook. This way it would be a little more difficult to snatch off the door. If your not worried about that just put a hanger on the door and hang. That's just my thoughts. [emoji3]
...excellent thoughts. Thanks.

Thinking about our cruise in December..was looking on some different web sites and thought it would be neat to have a photo booth type door or beside the door deco. Attach a sign with instructions with some Christmas props. I NEVER use anything to damage the doors or walls and remove promptly on the last night. I'm figuring out a way to NOT have anything protruding into the hall walkway or bother the staff from their daily cleaning routines. I've noticed this is a pretty normally thing to do at parties, weddings and showers. I know I'm probably asking for a lot of late night activity at our door but we stay out late and are pretty well relaxed, if you know what I mean, when we call it a night. Just thought it would be something different than I've ever done before. Any thoughts or advise would be appreciated, hoping I'm not overlooking any problems that might arise. UNLESS your the cruisers that totally don't get how much fun it is to decorate your cabin door and enjoy looking at other doors that have also been decorated... [emoji41][emoji267][emoji484][emoji568]

It's nice that you stay up late and party and want to have lots of people stopping by your photo booth, but have you considered your neighbors around you? Some of us do not stay up all night and would probably be kept awake by the antics of your visitors. I would also think that this would spill into the hallway and get in the way of the stewards and other passengers trying to pass by. I am all for a decorated door and if it is spectacular enough, many people will take pics of themselves in front of it. Hang a basket of candy canes for folks to grab as they stop and admire your door. I do hope you have a great time!

I had thought about a wreath and battery operated lights also. We'll be back in February and I have a pretty red tinsel wreath shaped in a heart.

There is a "decorate your doors" group out there with lots of pictures and ideas and rules (per Carnival) for decorating your door. For example, one of the rules is NO TAPE or anything that leaves a residue....and NO LIGHTS because they can confuse people in case of emergency. Lots of idea, pictures and handy tips from this group.

Hope this helps. :)

It's nice that you stay up late and party and want to have lots of people stopping by your photo booth, but have you considered your neighbors around you? Some of us do not stay up all night and would probably be kept awake by the antics of your visitors. I would also think that this would spill into the hallway and get in the way of the stewards and other passengers trying to pass by. I am all for a decorated door and if it is spectacular enough, many people will take pics of themselves in front of it. Hang a basket of candy canes for folks to grab as they stop and admire your door. I do hope you have a great time!

So wrapped up in deco, didn't think of our neighbors..[emoji17] did think of stewards tho. Better think this thru again. Candy canes, great idea...I've made peppermint wreaths before, that may be the direction I go....[emoji301]️[emoji568]

There is a "decorate your doors" group out there with lots of pictures and ideas and rules (per Carnival) for decorating your door. For example, one of the rules is NO TAPE or anything that leaves a residue....and NO LIGHTS because they can confuse people in case of emergency. Lots of idea, pictures and handy tips from this group.

Hope this helps. :)

I do remember the post about the lights now that you mention it.....veto the lights...[emoji3]

So wrapped up in deco, didn't think of our neighbors..[emoji17] did think of stewards tho. Better think this thru again. Candy canes, great idea...I've made peppermint wreaths before, that may be the direction I go....[emoji301]️[emoji568]

volmoma, I really appreciate that you did not slam me as people tend to do if one offers a differing opinion. You sound like you have a great time cruising and that's what it's all about! I know you will be able to come up with a fabulous door decor xmas theme!

volmoma, I really appreciate that you did not slam me as people tend to do if one offers a differing opinion. You sound like you have a great time cruising and that's what it's all about! I know you will be able to come up with a fabulous door decor xmas theme!

The more I think about it, it would be AWSOME to have Christmas Day at our house. We have all the family here to eat Christmas dinner and exchange gifts. We have old and young alike and think it would be a fun way to take pictures. Baring the traditional, 1,2,3 Say Cheese!!