strategy upon boarding

whitley1377

...a tour of the bridge was offered to anyone interested on last month's Whisper crossing. Conducted by the captain. Also very interesting was the galley tour, conducted by the Executive Chef.

You'll also want to station yourself just above the....sigh! where's my spouse when I need him!...anyway, I can't think of the term, but the outdoor set of controls that the captain mans when docking. We were on the deck just above and it was fascinating to watch the captain and the pilot maneuver the ship into her berth....with only one or two agitated outbursts of Italian!

Hello to all on this thread....especially to Whitley 1377 and Fogmalkin...we too will be on this trip (less than two weeks to go!!) being from the UK we only have a flight of just over 2 hrs to Rome.

All best wishes Whitley to you both for a wonderful day on the 8th ....we will no doubt see you still with confetti in your hair as you board!

Hope both couples have a wonderful honeymoon it is a gr8 itinerary with some diff ports of call. a terrific way to start your lives together......

I think we are in 622...(will need to check this) so do say 'hi' if you see us around........

Chris and Sheila

We did the August 29th transatlantic. It was our second SS. The previous comment about booking spa online is right on the money. Do that and excursions ahead of time.

We have had ZERO issues with booking the Terrace other than the Italian night. Now that it will be all Italian that shouldn't be an issue. We would check in the morning and Stefano would get us on the list.

We have never done La Champagne. The Restaurant is JUST TOO GOOD. :-)

Enjoy. We are booked for our third SS but it is not until July!

Chris and Sheila, Ben and the soon-to-be "Mrs. Ben" (sorry may not be PC),

We, too, are counting down the days!

Shall we meet for a sail-away drink? Maybe not at 11pm, (on the first official night of the honeymoon), perhaps the next day...

We are Suzanne and Lyndon, I'm a native Californian, he's a Kiwi. Listen for the accent(s). We are easy to spot (5'4" brunette, 6'3" uh, silverish/ balding) holding glasses of champagne.

Hello All,

I think thats a fantasic Idea. I believe the second day we will be at sea, so I imagine we could meet at The Bar before dinner. I am Ben as you know, my Bride's name is Beth. We are in our latest of tweenties, 28 and 29 respectively. We are both from North Carolina so you may notice our "accent" as well. I hear 6:30 is a good cocktail hour before dinner, and I imagine that with the smaller number of passengers we will all be able to meet quite easily. Looking forward to seeing you all aboard the Shadow. I think we are all really in for a stellar cruise and memorable vacation or for our UK friends, Holiday.

Ben

hello Suzanne and Lyndon.....`Ben and beth...6.30 in the bar sounds terrific to me.....as long as I am not expected to wait all day for my first glass of champagne. It will be interesting to see if we 'meet up' earlier in the day.

We are in our early 50's please dont let sheila know that I said that or i may be 'man overboard ' as we sailaway!!!Sheila is 5ft (just) slim and -Blonde and I am 5'8'' brown hair and not as slim!!! but holding!! and as you would guess have english accents. We are frequent USA visitors last there in NYC after transatlantic QM2 in May (wonderful) we have friends in kentucky so just 'lurve' the southern accents. In defference to the majority all future reference will be to our 'upcoming upscale vacation'

Chris

To clarify, (as if we won't be in the bar every night at 6:30pm), the second day, Tuesday, we sail-away from Gaeta at 6pm (the first sea day is Wednesday). Ben you will be returning from a 9 hour excursion sometime before 5:30. Does that give you and Beth enough time to freshen up and be in the bar by 6:30?

If so, shall we (officially) meet on Tuesday?

Suzanne....I managed to spend some time over the weekend looking at the tour book.......noted your earlier comment about no tour to lucca........in the booklet we received there is a full day tour which includes lucca with lunch.....we have been a couple of times and its is well worth a visit either on a tour or by hiring a taxi in livorno.

Chris

Thanks Chris!

I think I skipped right over that looking for the half day excursion that had been offered in the past. We will probably grab a cab and do it on our own this time.

We're going to limit our excursions to half day maximum this trip as Lyndon injured his back last week while in New Zealand. In fact he's still there (:eek: yikes!) as he had to postpone his return (several times) due to the problem. I'm keeping my fingers (and toes) crossed that he will be on the plane back to San Fran on Tuesday. It's cutting it a little close. His tux is with him and has been in the suitcase for over a week, so lord only knows what it's going to look like by the time we get to Rome. Please pretend you don't notice the wrinkles ;) ...

Lyndon called from New Zealand this morning immediately after having left his osteopath. He has been told he should not travel for another two weeks. So not only will we not be winging our way to Rome, he will be a true flightless Kiwi, remaining in NZ.

As he has a "doctor's note" we will get our nonrefundable air tix refunded. We will also have a nice big credit to use on Silversea within the next year (as we are both normally in excellent health, I bought the "you can cancel for whatever reason" insurance).

However, I am still very disappointed :( . We were so looking forward to this adventure. If Lyn didn't have a back injury I'd consider wringing his neck.

Please, please have a lot of champers for me, a few Cosmos would not go amiss either! Have fun and please report back!

Suzanne

We are both so very sorry to hear your news..........hope Lyndon recovers soon and you will be able to rebook something quickly......it seems so much worse that you each have to be miserable on your own! had similar experience ourselves as a result of a bereavement and it is such an empty feeling knowing what you might have been doing.

Will certainly raise a glass to you both........am sure it will be a shock to ben and Beth who are prob v busy with wedding plans at the moment and prob havent the time to check in.

Chris and Sheila

Chris and Sheila, and Ben and Beth,

We wish all of you Bon Voyage! We will be with you in spirit!

Don't forget, you are eating and drinking for those of us left behind. If you had no real excuse for that extra glass, you do now ;) .

We are anxious to hear your of your adventures as well as opinions upon your return.

Enjoy and have fun.

Suzanne hope that it is soon good news from NZ and that Lyndon will soon be home

happy to share our thoughts with you when we return.....may be easier if could have your e-mail if you would prefer not to put it on here send to caronia19@yahoo.com

Have some work to finish today....hopefully in peace ,tommorrow is packing day and an early night as car comes early monday to get us to the airport. Sorry you wont be with us

take care

Chris and Sheila

Archived