Cabanas at Half Moon Cay

Chastowne2

Just a general question although I'm afraid I already know the answer...

We are cruising to Half Moon Cay Oct 11 2015 and wanted to rent a Cabana and found they are all taken. What are the chances of one becoming available during the cruise? Anyone heard of this happening at all?

Is there a standby list on the off-chance someone did decide they weren't going to be able to use it (illness maybe :eek:, missed port :mad:, etc) even if Carnival didn't give them a refund?

Still an optimist after all these years.

John

Go to the shore excursion desk when you board. There is a chance someone may cancel. Let them know you would like a cabana if one opens up. Also, if there are any of the villas available, they are amazing. You can check roll calls or facebook groups to see if anyone wants to split one with you.

Go to the shore excursion desk when you board. There is a chance someone may cancel. Let them know you would like a cabana if one opens up. Also, if there are any of the villas available, they are amazing. You can check roll calls or facebook groups to see if anyone wants to split one with you.

Thanks for the suggestions jcearth. The villas do sound amazing.

We just recently had this same scenario in June on the Glory. We sorta booked 2 months out, trying to coordinate with college and work schedules, and of course the cabanas were all booked. We did have FTTF, so we boarded really early around 11:30 and I went straight to shore excursion desk and asked if any were available. And shock, she said yes there was and we also got our pick of which one (we chose #7, close to bathrooms) only 3 or 4 cabanas had been chosen at that time. So I say yes try as soon as you board, and also I feel like FTTF allowed us to board earlier so we could grab one. Good Luck, it was the best day ever, and our entire family thoroughly enjoyed it!

As an additional option- check out your roll call for the cruise. Last time we went - all the cabanas were booked- so we said something on our roll call and someone had one booked and invited us in to split the costs. Made it more affordable all around and there was PLENTY of room!

Send off an email as well to shoreexcursions@carnival.com explaining that you'd like to be put on their wait list and what sailing you'll be on etc.

We've done this twice now as when we book Carnival it's usually pretty close to sailing. They have always replied fairly quickly to say they've added you to the wait list. Then visit the excursion desk with printout of said email once you board to make sure they have you on the list.

First time I did this, the lady at the excursion desk gladly put me on the list at #5 and warned that my chances were pretty slim. I explained that I'd emailed well beforehand and she couldn't find the email on her computer. I showed my printout and the date on that email put me up to #2 on the list and we got our cabana. Second time, the shore excursion manager was at the desk when we walked up and she said "oh of course we have you on our waiting list, no problem getting a cabana."

First time I did this, the lady at the excursion desk gladly put me on the list at #5 and warned that my chances were pretty slim. I explained that I'd emailed well beforehand and she couldn't find the email on her computer. I showed my printout and the date on that email put me up to #2 on the list and we got our cabana. Second time, the shore excursion manager was at the desk when we walked up and she said "oh of course we have you on our waiting list, no problem getting a cabana."

So just wondering, do they always have a cabana or 2 held back for onboard bookings? I really didn't ask at the time if this was a cancellation or why there was one available, or if there were more. We were just really excited to be able to book one onboard. But I have read on CC that they do hold some back, but wasn't sure if that was a fact or an opinion. Has anybody ever inquired into that?

So just wondering, do they always have a cabana or 2 held back for onboard bookings? I really didn't ask at the time if this was a cancellation or why there was one available, or if there were more. We were just really excited to be able to book one onboard. But I have read on CC that they do hold some back, but wasn't sure if that was a fact or an opinion. Has anybody ever inquired into that?

I have previously reported on these boards having first hand experience with this type of scenario. They accidentally allowed us to rent the private oasis (computer glitch) then took it away from us a week or so later. The shore excursions pre-sales manager contacted me and comp'd us two regular cabanas. I told him the regular cabanas were sold out for months. He told me that they purposely hold a few back for just this type of scenario. So yes they do hold a few back.

Edited by imluvncruzn

I have previously reported on these boards having first hand experience with this type of scenario. They accidentally allowed us to rent the private oasis (computer glitch) then took it away from us a week or so later. The shore excursions pre-sales manager contacted me and comp'd us two regular cabanas. I told him the regular cabanas were sold out for months. He told me that they purposely hold a few back for just this type of scenario. So yes they do hold a few back.

Thanks for the reply, actually I might have read your post previously, lol. That's really good information to know and remember. We had actually booked a cabana for a cruise last October, but due to a tropical storm our itinerary got changed, so I kinda felt like it was karma that we ended up getting one in June at the last minute onboard. Since we were taking our grown kids with us, it was nice we could share the cabana experience with them. I would love to have one everytime we visit that island! :D

Just did this on the July 11th Glory sailing. Booked a villa advertised that I was willing to sell 6 open spots for $55.00 each. Got 7 responses and the villa was full.