Booked next Cruise

Well Cruise Critic Fans I pulled the trigger and booked the Explorer Of The Seas October 9th Dubai Cruise from Barcelona for my Father and I. For the 2 of us with our Open Booking, The Buy 1 Get 1 1/2 Off the total for both is $1,508 and other discounts in an Oceanview.

Airfare from San Francisco to Barcelona via London and back from Dubai via London on British Airways was $1190 per person. As we have seen Barcelona we are arriving at 7:45 PM the night before and are staying in Dubai for 1 night but we get just about 2 days as the flight leaves Sunday at 1:45 AM.

The deal was too good to pass up with the special going on. We also get $150 in OBC too and better yet will be Emeralds once we finish the cruise.

As we have been on the Navigator and loved the features and are looking forward to seeing the recent upgrades on the Explorer we know what to expect. Right now were on Deck 2 midship which is fine and will look for an upgrade or other cabin in our category.

We got 6:00 PM Dining which is perfect for us.

In the coming days I will join the Role Call and converse with others on the cruise. Cruise Critic has some awesome people around.

Am I being too crazy here as it feels like we just got off our April Princess Coral cruise through the full Panama Canal and last November did a 2 week on the Cunard Queen Elizabeth around the Med.

But as they say its nice to come back to Royal Caribbean as we really like the experience.

Hope to hear from others who took advantage of the Book 1 get 1 1/2 Off. The Promo ends at the end of the month.

Edited by travelplus

Did you get a price on air from Choice Air. Many have said that they have gotten decent prices on overseas flights?

No I did it through Kayak.com which directed me to BA.com. Choiceair was more and had us going via two cities as opposed to one. I got the cheapest fare for the airline and flights.