Timing of stock purchase

flyboyswife

We are contemplating buying stock as well ... we already have a cruise booked for September, if we buy now can we still get a credit? Also...is it every time you cruise, or just a one time offer? What if my husband and I are both shareholders, would we each get a credit?

If you buy now, you can get your OBC for the September cruise. You'll need a copy of your brokerage statement showing you own at least 100 shares of CCL stock. You get the OBC on every cruise you take on Carnival-owned cruise lines, not just the first one. If husband and wife both own 100 shares, they can both get the OBC only if they are in two separate cabins. It's a fabulous deal. I have made about $1500 on the stock itself in the past 2 years, and gotten about that much in OBC. Carnival says you're supposed to submit your request two weeks before your cruise, but some people have reported doing it just days ahead of the cruise. I always send mine in several months ahead. Hope this helps.

Edited by nwcruiselover

They are now processing the shipboard shareholder credit within about 2 weeks. Much quicker than in the past.

Its each time you cruise you will get the shipboard credit, I think its only per cabin. I am sure someone else will know that question.

Of late if its a free cruise they will not give the shareholder credit.

As someone stated, they'll only give one stockholder OBC per cabin. You get it for every cruise line owned by CCL. The corporation announces this benefit each year, so they could stop offering it or change the requirements.

Here are the details:

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/External.File?item=UGFyZW50SUQ9Mjc0MjIzfENoaWxkSUQ9LTF8VHlwZT0z&t=1