Opinions between these two itineraries?

chewie8008

Another vote for the 8 day.

- Better ship with more features

- 8 days instead of 7

- Aruba & Curacao are really only available on 8+ day cruises, while Amber Cove, & HMC are frequently offered on shorter 5-6 day cruises, so I would jump at the chance to visit Aruba & Curacao and then catch the others on a potential future shorter cruise option.

" I did not care for Aruba when I went in April. The water was gray and the snorkeling/diving is bad there."

I am a Scuba diver who has dove the ABC's and the diving is some of the best in the world. The day you went the water was churned by something, wind, rain, and unexpected swell or something. I have never heard anyone say anything negative about diving the ABC's.

Tough choice. We absolutely loved Aruba, and would go back there in a heartbeat. Can't say that we were all that impressed with Curacao. Maybe we just chose a lousy excursion. Don't know why everyone is turning up their nose at Amber Cove. No one has been there yet (it won't be open until this October). Yes, it will be somewhat commercialized, but that doesn't mean you have to hang around the port. I'm curious to see what excursions will be offered there. It would have to be a lot better than LaRomana. Grand Turk is an interesting island. The beach area is pretty nice. You don't have to hang around Margaritaville. Rent a golf cart and go exploring, or take a bus tour of the island. Aside from the two itineraries, compare the on board amenities of the two ships. We've been on the Destiny, but not since it was reconfigured into the Sunshine. It seems people either love that ship or hate it, with very little middle ground. Don't know much about the Ecstasy. If you're still having trouble deciding, choose the one that best fits your budget. Then take the other one the next time.:)

Ok guys, one more question. I found another itinerary. What do you guys think about this

That same 8 day on the Sunshine

Port Canaveral

Sea day

Sea day

Curacao

Aruba

Sea day

Grand Turk

Sea day

Port Canaveral

Vs

8 day on the Sunshine

Port Canaveral

Sea day

Sea day

St Marteen

St Kitts

San Juan, Puerto Rico

Grand Turk

Sea day

Port Canaveral

One extra port on that second itinerary

Same ship

Basically the same price

Opinions?

Personally, my husband and I were not fans of the Dominican Republic and Half Moon Cay is just Carnival's private island. I also wasn't too impressed with Aruba, but my husband liked it. I barely remember Curacao at all... But between the two, I would probably choose Aruba and Curacao over the others, but it's close enough to me that if the Charleston port is closer, then I would do that. Neither Aruba nor Curacao are must see's for me. I quite liked Half Moon Cay, even if it is nothing special. If you do go to the Dominican Republic - don't take the excursion to the shopping district - the people there are so pushy, we actually had people following us and yelling at us to purchase stuff from them. Other people went to the sightseeing district (parks and such if I remember correctly) and I heard great things about it.

Good point!

As far as the Port Canaveral thing, our problem with it is it's 2.5 hours farther than Charleston is for us. But we have made the drive before, we can again. 11 hours just sucks. [emoji34]

That is what a plane is for buddy =)

Good choice. We'll be on the same ship/itinerary on April 8th! (will you be on the Sunshine?)

We've been to these 3 ports before but I've been to everywhere you can go in the Caribbean and I liked these ports best. So headed back!:D

Edited by lauren0309

[quote name='lauren0309']Good choice. We'll be on the same ship/itinerary on April 8th! (will you be on the Sunshine?)

We've been to these 3 ports before but I've been to everywhere you can go in the Caribbean and I liked these ports best. So headed back!:D[/QUOTE]
Yes, the Sunshine! For whatever reason I wasn't expecting much from the Sunshine. We just got off the Dream in April and was thinking it is a much better ship than the Sunshine. We were watching a virtual tour of the Sunshine yesterday, and the Sunshine looks better. It definitely seems to have better features than the Dream.

Regardless, it's going to be a blast!