Smoking on carnival

Jenn410

I see from reading this forum that smoking is not allowed on balconies on Carnival. We are really looking forward to leaving the balcony doors open and I wonder how often people break the rules and will this cause smoke to enter my room? I cannot tolerate ANY smell of smoke in my room. Has anyone had an issue with this.

I see from reading this forum that smoking is not allowed on balconies on Carnival. We are really looking forward to leaving the balcony doors open and I wonder how often people break the rules and will this cause smoke to enter my room? I cannot tolerate ANY smell of smoke in my room. Has anyone had an issue with this.

There's never a guarantee that people won't try to break the rules. Especially when it comes to a touchy subject like this one. If you absolutely cannot have smoke in your room, it's probably best to leave the door closed.

If people are smoking around your cabin, it may well blow in. I've smelled smoke from people nearby when I've left balcony doors open in the past.

If it does happen, and if you can figure out who it is you can report them to security. Or at least have security check the surveillance cams for your area to see if they can locate the offending guests.

Edited by DarthGrady

Just have to laugh a bit at this one. Since they say not to leave the balcony door open you are worried that someone else breaking the rules will decrease your enjoyment of breaking a different rule. No judgement just had to laugh....

I find your post rather ironic. You're worried about people breaking the "no smoking on balconies" rule because you want to be comfortable while breaking the "keep your balcony door closed" rule.

If you prop your balcony door open, you'll not only affect your a/c but you'll cause the cabins near you to be hotter.

Update: I wasn't the only one that noticed that! I got distracted and didn't hit submit for a few minutes.

Edited by D4

Leaving the balcony door open is like flushing the toilet when someone is in the shower. It will effect adjacent rooms and there is clearly a sign asking not to leave the door open. If you must turn the thermostat up so you at least won't be asking e AC to cool the room. Happy cruising!

Has anyone stopped to think that OP just wasn't aware that the balcony door is not supposed to be propped open?? Why does every question on here have to result in such mean and negative comments? I mean he/she IS a newbie after all & it does take a while to learn all the do's and don'ts of cruising. Geez!

Edited by fivearms

Look at it this way, if you leave the door open, and someone's smoke blows into your cabin and makes your cabin smell like smoke, your steward might think you were smoking and fine you $250. So best to keep your door shut. [emoji6]

On a serious note though, there has been an awful lot of complaints lately about how stingy Carnival has been with the ac's recently. Maybe they wouldn't have to be so stingy if the ac's weren't getting overworked by people leaving their doors open and thus driving up the cost of running the ac's. Would you leave your ac's in your house running and then leave all the doors open? Of course not, because in that case you are the one paying the energy bill. Just sayin'.

Smelled smoke on my balcony every single time I went out on it. Made it so I couldn't spend much time out there. Very irksome since I paid to use my balcony, and unfair.

Also never left balcony door open. Kept curtain closed even at all times to minimize sun heating up room.

Welcome to CC - Please come back! I'm sorry that your thread ended up making you feel the way it did. Just remember, CC boards are a wealth of information. Give yourself some time and then try it again...

BTW: We don't leave the balcony doors open either. Part of the reason is because of the AC (and yes... smoke smells do enter in if someone is close to your cabin) however, I also shut them due to a guy who 'peaked' around our divider. I don't know who was more shocked when I pulled open the drapes and there he was! Luckily, he apologized and said he was just curious if it was possible to see into another room's balcony from his own. (Later on, I found out he was on his honeymoon so I figured his curiosity came from something else) :D Hopefully this 'lightened' your mood somewhat!

Edited by kdinkus1