Splendor 2.0 Upgrade

jwalk03

Anyone know when the Splendor will dry dock and if it will get 2.0 upgrades?

Trying to decide between a cruise on Splendor or Conquest for December 2016. I like Splendor's ports better and also like that Splendor has Serenity while Conquest does not. BUT Conquest has 2.0 upgrades (particularly interested in trying Guy's finally!).

If Splendor gets Guy's sometime in 2016, then the decision becomes a no brainer between the two, if not my decision is def more difficult.

Anyone have any insight?

I don't believe the Splendor is scheduled for anything soon. The serenity area is nice. Not sure why they left it off the Conquest. Tuff call. I'm not a big fan of Splendor. But I do like the serenity area. Love Guys Burgers and The Blue Iguana too.

If you like the ports of the Splendor cruise I would probably go with Splendor. They still serve burgers. Plus you will have serenity.

I like the Splendor's ports more, but its a toss up.

Conquest- Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay, Amber Cove

Splendor- Belize, Isla Roatan, Cozumel

The only port of the bunch I have ever been to is Cozumel. Conquest's ports sound great too, but the one concern I have is that the entire cruise is essentially "Carnival" ports. Not much real island experiences there.

I read dry dock is 3/6- 3/20

not sure what it gets

Seems short to me, so maybe no 2.0 upgrades? How long have the other dry docks taken to add them on the ships that have been upgraded?

It's definitely 3/5/16 timeframe. We were booked on her for a cruise 3/5/16 and we were told we had to rebook on another ship because of the dry dock. Now, we are on Valor...and that is scheduled for dry dock next Spring too :confused: I hope we don't have to rebook again.

It's definitely 3/5/16 timeframe. We were booked on her for a cruise 3/5/16 and we were told we had to rebook on another ship because of the dry dock. Now, we are on Valor...and that is scheduled for dry dock next Spring too :confused: I hope we don't have to rebook again.

You should be fine. Valor dry dock is scheduled for the end of April.

Seems short to me, so maybe no 2.0 upgrades? How long have the other dry docks taken to add them on the ships that have been upgraded?

I doubt she goes into dry dock and gets no 2.0.

At least a Guys, Blue Iguana and red frog pub

does not take long to do these things

Edited by Vitamin_Sea

I doubt she goes into dry dock and gets no 2.0.

At least a Guys, Blue Iguana and red frog pub

does not take long to do these things

I hope your right. Guys is what I really really want to try. Blue Iguana Cantina & maybe Alchemy Bar would be nice too. The rest of the 2.0 stuff doesn't really matter to me one way or the other.

I sure hope the Splendor gets the Guy's Burgers, Blue Iguana, etc. since I am sailing on her in April 2016. I asked John Heald over two months ago if the Splendor would be getting the 2.0 upgrades when she goes into dry dock and I didn't receive an answer yet. I'm keeping my fingers crossed though, that she gets the upgrades. I have really enjoyed the 2.0 features on several of the Carnival ships. Hopefully, we'll hear soon.

I feel like I've read somewhere that she will be getting one of those 1.0 Upgrades- Alchemy Bar, Cherry on Top, etc... But no Guys or BI. Kind of like the Miracle got last year. Same length of dry dock too. [emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try this again......Carnival Splendor2008Splendor Class2011Not

ScheduledNoCurrently available onboard:

Punchliners Comedy Club presented by George Lopez, DJ IRIE

Planned for:

RedFrog Rum Bar, BlueIguana Tequila Bar

Read more: Dry Dock Schedule - Carnival Cruise Lines - CRUISIN http://www.***********/info/carnival-cruise-lines/dry-dock-schedule.php#ixzz3gojTsjsc

Copyright [emoji767] 2015 CRUISIN. All Rights Reserved.

Sailed on Splendor this past February and according to Malcolm the Splendor is not due to get any of the 2.0 upgrades for a while. I doubt that Splendor will get those upgrades in the next dry dock.

Picking a cruise based on Guys Burgers? Splendor does have the grill which also has hot dogs and grilled chicken sandwiches.

Sailed on Splendor this past February and according to Malcolm the Splendor is not due to get any of the 2.0 upgrades for a while. I doubt that Splendor will get those upgrades in the next dry dock.

Wonder why she would go into drydock and not get these 2.0 upgrades.

We sailed her 2 1/2 weeks ago and she is in good shape but still

Wonder why she would go into drydock and not get these 2.0 upgrades.

We sailed her 2 1/2 weeks ago and she is in good shape but still

High powered cleaning. Its not a long dry dock

I would avoid Splendor at all cost. Truly ugly ship and staff seem over worked and unhappy....worst ship we have experienced. Would probably not have continued cruising if it had been our first experience.

I would avoid Splendor at all cost. Truly ugly ship and staff seem over worked and unhappy....worst ship we have experienced. Would probably not have continued cruising if it had been our first experience.

:eek:You cant be serious .... shes a Beautiful ship

Just my 2 cents.....

Guys burgers is nice (have cruised on 2 ships with) but really I've had just as tasty burgers and dogs at the older style grills. I really don't think that Guys should be the primary decision maker for any cruise.

And to me the only CCL ship that I can call "beautiful" is Breeze! It's colorful but in a more earthy and tropical way. I really love that and wish that CCL would consider something like that as a future 3.0 or something.

Edited by cruziJenn