Door Decoration?

The dollar store where I live has a great "luau" themed party section. I purchased a set of poster board cutouts of a beach ball, flip flops, a surfboard, a tiki hut, beach bag, etc.

I plan to put a few cutouts on the door and a few on the window of our sons' promenade room (if that is allowed). This will help them locate their room on the inside and out!

Like a large plastic lawn flamingo? or a sticker or magnet flamingo? I can't speak for everyone here but after three or four drinks I might get the nerve to take a giant pink bird and play a prank on someone on board [emoji16]

Her door decorations that were stolen.

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv%3B936%3Dot%3E393%3A%3D7%3B3%3D%3C25%3DXROQDF%3E283%3C8%3A3%3B37257ot1lsi

We used big $$$ bills from the Dollar Tree on our teen boys' room last December, as well as some Christmas decorations.

I think we will get Luau stuff for our 9/12 cruise.

My son in going into the Air Force in Dec - getting a USAF flag to hang in their window overlooking the Promenade.

this is a good idea! We are going on our first cruise in October. Question, with all the magnets, are all the doors on the ships metal? We are going to be on Navigator of the Seas. I am going to have to come up with something fun for our door now as well!

this is a good idea! We are going on our first cruise in October. Question, with all the magnets, are all the doors on the ships metal? We are going to be on Navigator of the Seas. I am going to have to come up with something fun for our door now as well!

Yeah, from what I know, all the doors are made out of metal. You can definitely use magnet, which is what I am going to use when I decorate the door.

When on Cruise Critic before our first cruise, I read all about door signs, got very excited and made and laminated some for our door.

No other door had them on and so they got taken down very quickly. I wonder if it was because it was a European Cruise.

The walls of the cabins are metal as well, so, you can hang paperwork on your walls, if that helps you. Being October, Halloween items should be readily available. Just don't bring anything you're not willing to lose. Have a great first cruise. :)

There's a holiday nearly every month and when there isn't, you can always decorate the season, i.e. January / winter, February / Valentines Day, March / St Patrick's Day, April / spring, etc. Or your sports team or a birthday, anniversary, in memory of a loved one, whatever.

I like to use vinal window clings. Do NOT use the gelatin ones, they stain. I know from personal experience. They have clings at many stores, Dollar Whatever, Walmart, Ben Franklin, etc. for every holiday and season at various times of the year.

Our host, Cruise Critic even has PDF file signs for you to print if you can't design your own. Search door signs if you don't see it.

There's a holiday nearly every month and when there isn't, you can always decorate the season, i.e. January / winter, February / Valentines Day, March / St Patrick's Day, April / spring, etc. Or your sports team or a birthday, anniversary, in memory of a loved one, whatever.

I like to use vinal window clings. Do NOT use the gelatin ones, they stain. I know from personal experience. They have clings at many stores, Dollar Whatever, Walmart, Ben Franklin, etc. for every holiday and season at various times of the year.

Our host, Cruise Critic even has PDF file signs for you to print if you can't design your own. Search door signs if you don't see it.

Didn't think of clings! Thanks for the tips!

I always bring magnets to decorate our doors. Not only is it fun, but it also helps find your door easily without having to look for the numbers. For our last cruise, I found animal butt magnets...it was just the back end of many different animals. The kids really got a kick out of it! We did have a couple of them disappear, but I expected that.

For our last cruise, I found animal butt magnets...it was just the back end of many different animals. The kids really got a kick out of it! We did have a couple of them disappear, but I expected that.

Of course! Giggle giggle!

I always bring magnets to decorate our doors. Not only is it fun, but it also helps find your door easily without having to look for the numbers. For our last cruise, I found animal butt magnets...it was just the back end of many different animals. The kids really got a kick out of it! We did have a couple of them disappear, but I expected that.

:p Haha that's quite funny!

Before our first cruise, I bought a personalized door magnet with our names. That hasn't been stolen. On the other hand, I also brought magnets that say "Los Angeles," since that's where we're from. These were stolen on both our cruises.

When we sail to Mexico on Princess in October, I'll just put up the personalized one. I guess no one wants our unusual names, and lots of people on that ship will be from L.A. anyway.[emoji475]

I

Before our first cruise, I bought a personalized door magnet with our names. That hasn't been stolen. On the other hand, I also brought magnets that say "Los Angeles," since that's where we're from. These were stolen on both our cruises.

When we sail to Mexico on Princess in October, I'll just put up the personalized one. I guess no one wants our unusual names, and lots of people on that ship will be from L.A. anyway.[emoji475]

I

Yeah that's a good idea. Since people don't want the decoration that has other names on it. I also heard the putting the stateroom # on there no one will take it too.

When on Cruise Critic before our first cruise, I read all about door signs, got very excited and made and laminated some for our door.

No other door had them on and so they got taken down very quickly. I wonder if it was because it was a European Cruise.

In my experience it is definitely more of an American thing than a European one. We have seen very few decorated doors on any of our European cruises.

Decorating your door is very much a personal thing. It can be fun if you want to do it. We were told by people from nearby cabins that they use our decorations to locate their cabin, too.

We usually use large window clings that are too large for the door, and wrap them around to the cabin side of the door. In addition, we have garland with fish in it to wrap around the frame of the door. (The garland has sometimes been an issue because it will fall down if not done right. I have to take extra care when putting it up.) We usually use cheap plastic tape (that is easily removable without doing any damage) or magnets to mount our stuff. We have even decorated our outside or promenade windows with window clings, garland, and even battery christmas lights. It is all in good fun, and just adds another thing to make our cabin more personal.

The only time we lost something, was on our first RCCL cruise. We were celebrating our 24th anniversary, and I had made a copy of one of our wedding pictures using our color printer. That picture was mounted on our door with magnets, and was next to our Cruise Critic sign. For some reason, someone stole our wedding picture, but left the Cruise Critic sign. I made it a point to not be upset after realizing that it was not important. It did not ruin our cruise.

That said, when I decorate my door, I have only a few rules:

-Do it for fun;

-Do it for yourself, but be willing to share;

-Be willing to loose anything that is put up;

-Don't damage anything with our decorations (we are guests, and should respect the ship and its crew).

Hope that helps!

Enjoy!

Jim