Summit Bermuda - Liver

Fish Lover

I've just returned from an Eclipse voyage to Iceland & the Fjords and liver was on the menu at least twice - when I spotted it, it had replaced the NY Strip on the "always available" side of the menu. The chicken & salmon options were always there but, if I recall correctly, the NY Strip only made fleeting appearances during the 14 day voyage (though it was definitely there on the last night).

I experienced the same thing on Eclipse last year. Of all of our EC sailings, it only happened on 1 sailing, which was right after the Transatantic. IIRC, they also had fish and chips on the same night as the Liver. My Mom commented, that the Liver was excellent - but it's not something I enjoy. Initially, I was very displeased that the Liver replaced the NY Strip. Thankfully, when my waiter overheard my comments, he quickly mentioned that I could still order the NY Strip, even though it wasn't on the menu for 2 or 3 nights of the 14 night sailing.

I so hope its still on the lunch menu, although I seem to recall it being the last sea day. I'm concerned that the "brunch" may have replaced it. Sailing on the Summit to Bermuda.

If you ever see it on the menu, give it a try. Even if you have always hated liver. It's just remarkably good and like nothing I've ever tasted. (Now I know my Aunt just made it badly...I always sneaked it under the table and fed it to the dogs when I was a kid.)