Which ship? daughter's 21st birthday

cbCRR

It will be her 8th cruise. We'll be taking one of her friends. She enjoys just hanging out. We usually walk around in ports, do stuff on our own, and maybe do an excursion in one of the ports.

Options (all about equal cost):

1) Conquest - 6 day - Sea Day, Grand Turk, Amber Cove, Sea Day, Half Moon Cay. Amber is new port for us. Have sailed Conquest pre and post 2.0

2) Glory - 7 day - Sea Day, Grand Cayman, Mahogany Bay, Belize, Cozumel, Sea Day. We missed MB & Belize last time we did this itinerary. New ship for us.

4) Splendor - 7 day -Sea Day, Amber Cove, St Thomas, San Juan, Grand Turk, Sea Day. Amber & St T are new ports for us. New ship for us.

I may end up being in the minority, but I'm going to suggest the Splendor, since you've not been to St. Thomas. Charlotte Amalie is one of our favorite ports, and a prime island for natural beauty. Shopping and a couple of beaches there are prime as well. My second choice for you would be the Glory, since it is a new ship to you and you missed a couple of the ports on that itinerary last time. Belize was not one of our favorite ports, but many seem to like it.

We have really liked the Glory and loved Belize as well. Did a snorkel excursion on the barrier reef with our 24 and 21 year old daughters. Then went into port and had drinks and tacos at the Wet Lizard bar.

Have not been on the Splendor, but never try to miss Grand Turk or St. Thomas. Great beaches at both and good shopping at St Thomas. Also like San Juan. Take her to senor frogs and get in the conga line for free shots since she is 21.

Edited by HawkIVette

My vote is for the Glory. Based on the ship only. Your daughter is turning 21 and can now go to the Serenity area. Conquest doesn't have one. So that ship is out for me. Splendor is not 2.0 upgraded. Next one that's out for me. The Glory has the upgrades, the new American Table and Serenity--that's my choice, as well as one of my favorite Carnival ships.

My daughter turned 21 on the Dream two years ago and it was also around her 8th cruise and she brought a friend. Our family had a blast! She always tells people, "I turned 21 in Belize".

Your daughter will have a memorable 21st birthday no matter which cruise you choose to take. By the way, I bought my daughter a crown and sash to wear that night so everyone knew she was turning 21. So fun. At midnight on her actual birthday, she used her S&S card to order us celebration drinks (my account tho) to see if they would let her since it was mid-cruise. And it worked! She had the best time--we all did.

I'm going to chime in with a vote for Glory as well. She is my favorite Carnival ship by far. You can snorkel or cave tube in Belize and Cozumel is a really easy port. I've had it with GT at this point, I don't even get off the ship, and I've been to HMC four times and the port has been canceled each time due to swells. The only thing that would sway me would be a trip to St. John with a St. Thomas stop. Splendor though... Don't like the decor at all.

We have not been on any of the ships. Our next cruise will be on the Splendor and we are glad they still have the theater band and not the play list productions. Also, the Dream and Splendor have the largest Cloud 9 Spas.

I like the itinerary of the Glory. Our youngest daughter was 23 when we went to Mahogany Bay. Her favorite excursion of any of our cruises was the Fun in the Sun with Victor Bodden tours. She loved going to see all the monkeys before we went to the beach. She loves animals and all of us loved that excursion. We also like the Western Caribbean better than the Eastern. We don't care about going to San Juan again. I would definitely choose a 7 night cruise. Since it is her birthday, I would definitely ask her which would be her first choice.

Thanks to everyone so far.

She had narrowed it down to top 4, and I forgot that she removed the original #3 (Valor). Sorry for the confusion.

Today she said she's 90% sure she wants to do Glory. This will be her 3rd birthday cruise. I'll get her a 21st B-day sash and tiara - thanks for the idea nodogkisses. ;-)

I'm giving her all this feedback, and she'll make a decision in the next couple weeks so that we can book (cruising in January).

It will be her 8th cruise. We'll be taking one of her friends. She enjoys just hanging out. We usually walk around in ports, do stuff on our own, and maybe do an excursion in one of the ports.

1) Conquest - 6 day - Sea Day, Grand Turk, Amber Cove, Sea Day, Half Moon Cay. Amber is new port for us. Have sailed Conquest pre and post 2.0

2) Glory - 7 day - Sea Day, Grand Cayman, Mahogany Bay, Belize, Cozumel, Sea Day. We missed MB & Belize last time we did this itinerary. New ship for us.

4) Splendor - 7 day -Sea Day, Amber Cove, St Thomas, San Juan, Grand Turk, Sea Day. Amber & St T are new ports for us. New ship for us.

What happened to #3... Splendor.

I select...... Splendor

Never been to St Tom, San Juan or amber cove