Pride review....just back yesterday

Out cabin was forward, had no issues. Didn't notice any big vibration around public areas.

Embarkation was quick and easy. Drove in arriving right at 11. Do cash lane as no one is ever in it. I didn't keep track of timing this time but think we were in dining by 1210ish best guess. Very quick and easy

We were on the ship at 12:10

Security at port of Baltimore opened all 3 of my 12packs of soda. Then they re taped it.

In port canaveral they took my EMPTY water bottle.

I just bought our soda today. All I could think as I was putting it in the cart was that they are going to open these up and look at every stinkin' can. Oh well...it's worth the hassle for us. ;)

Is it true that the BIC has an incredible salsa bar but NO tortilla chips? I am packing some if so, but that is so WEIRD if it's true.

I was on the Sunshine in Dec & they definitely didn't have tortilla chips. I know it's been mentioned that Carnival might bring chips in but I don't know if it has happened yet. I think I may bring my own too :D

Did you go to Nassau? I'm reading tona of reviews but all are for HMC, and unfortunately our Sept cruise is not going there. I'm trying to figure out what if there is a free beach where we can hangout or if I need to look into an excursion. Thanks for any help.

Is it true that the BIC has an incredible salsa bar but NO tortilla chips? I am packing some if so, but that is so WEIRD if it's true.

It is true, or at least it was last May. What I think is even more bizarre is that the deli doesn't have potato chips. You have to get those from room service.

I just bought our soda today. All I could think as I was putting it in the cart was that they are going to open these up and look at every stinkin' can. Oh well...it's worth the hassle for us. ;)

They wil be flat by the time you drink them!

Ha! ;) I meant they open up the boxes the cans of soda come in. Not the actual cans. They do inspect every can to make sure you haven't attempted to smuggle anything.

Oh ok,,,lol, the 6 pk I get are on a plastic sleeve,, so shouldn't be a problem

Edited by louise'stwin
Edit

I was on this cruise too, it was wonderful! Couple things to add...we were in aft wrap cabin on 8th deck and no real vibrations...but there were vibrations in the MDR on deck 3 (YTD) and on deck 2 for the brunch on the last sea day.

Alcohol pick up...comment was made above that at 6:30am it was a zoo...I was there at that time...walked right up to table for 8th deck, was 1 person in front of me. Didn't notice a lot of people...there were some, but I wouldn't classify it as a zoo.

In Freeport we did the Sands Brewery tour (which also included an interesting perfume factory tour as well as about 45 minutes at Port Lucaya). HIGHLY recommend this excursion...our bus driver 'Tiny' - who everyone talks about - is fantastic and very entertaining. The tour concludes with a tasting of every type of brew, followed by full glasses (as part of the excursion, no extra $) of any type you want...for as long as the tour lasts. Not exactly sure how long we had but it seemed like more than 30 minutes. Really enjoyed it.

Did you go to Nassau? I'm reading tona of reviews but all are for HMC, and unfortunately our Sept cruise is not going there. I'm trying to figure out what if there is a free beach where we can hangout or if I need to look into an excursion. Thanks for any help.

There is a free beach. Take a taxi to the Lucaya market and tell the driver you want the free beach. It is on the right before the market & hotels...the taxi drivers know the stop. If they let you off at the market, backtrack it is clearly marked........just a small alley way but safe. FYI, Don't expect a big sandy beach especially if high tide. There are vendors for sailing, snorkeling, jet skis there as well. Enjoy your cruise.

There is a free beach. Take a taxi to the Lucaya market and tell the driver you want the free beach. It is on the right before the market & hotels...the taxi drivers know the stop. If they let you off at the market, backtrack it is clearly marked........just a small alley way but safe. FYI, Don't expect a big sandy beach especially if high tide. There are vendors for sailing, snorkeling, jet skis there as well. Enjoy your cruise.

Thanks for the information. My DH will probably want to ride jet skis so this is perfect.

Junkanoo Beach is within walking distance of the port. You turn right out of the port, stay on the sidewalk along the water, make a left at Senor Frogs, go past the Hilton and you'll be at the beach. There are signs. Not great, but free and there are food and beverage vendors. Bring a towel.