Sunshine Crowds

cruiser20145

We cruised Jan 3rd and we had a really good time. Go to the comedy shows at least 30 minutes early for a good front section seat. Use the Havana area to sit for meals rather then the lido area- it's the area straight back in the middle between JiJis (omelets in the morning, Mongolian for lunch, pay dinner) and Capitano. I think all ships are crowded in certain areas and at certain times. There are generally ways to avoid the masses if you plan ahead and arrive early (lido) or late (debarkation for port days). Summer, spring break, and holidays may always be peak frustration times due to max capacity. Our spring break cruise week supposedly had several hundred more people on board the Valor, for example, than the week before. Sunshine has areas to get away from the crowds, but in summer I'm not sure you can do that on any ship- just take a quiet break in your cabin if you feel overwhelmed. This is an interesting subject because on our first Dream cruise over a spring break, Bill said he would NEVER cruise spring break or Dream class again. The lines to debark on port days were LONG and it was hot in the hallways. Obviously that has not been the case; we adjusted and have learned not to rush everywhere. Cruising Sunshine Journeys 5/30/2016!

We just got off the Sunshine and didn't find her any more crowded than other ships on which we have sailed. However, we mostly ate breakfast/brunch in the dining room, and ate lunch a little later than the noon time rush. The main theater did have a line for shows before the doors opened. The same held true for the comedy shows.

I would definitely sail on the Sunshine again!!!

We were on the sunshine June 27-July 5. 2015. Southern Pacific.

The Southern Pacific sounds exotic. I'm adding Southern Pacific cruise on the Sunshine to my bucket list. Good to know you didn't find the Sunshine crowded.

Are the crowds on Sunshine that bad?

We just got off the Sunshine a week ago. Compared to other cruises and ships, it was more crowded. The worst was at lunch time, trying to find a table in the Havana Bar area or the Lido Marketplace. The rest of the cruise, the crowds weren't a big issue. Saying this, I would not hesitate to sail on the Sunshine again. Despite the lunch time crowds, the ship is wonderful and has so much to offer!

The Southern Pacific sounds exotic. I'm adding Southern Pacific cruise on the Sunshine to my bucket list. Good to know you didn't find the Sunshine crowded.

I think the poster meant southern exotic, not southern pacific. The Sunshine (or any other Carnival ship) does not sail the South pacific. One of them does Australia.