Tampa Hotel

Markanddonna

Rocky Point is a nice area with several hotels offering cruise packages that include both airport (TPA) and port shuttles. Hampton Inn, Chase Suites, etc.

I am not familiar with the airport you mentioned? :confused:

Can you recommend a moderately priced hotel near the port? Also, does anyone have experience flying into the smaller airport in west Tampa? We might be trying Allegiant Air this time. Thanks.

Last time we cruised out of Tampa, and next April as well, we are staying at Hampton Inn and Suites Ybor City. Close to the port, many shops and places to eat near by and the hotel will shuttle you to them for free. The also do a free shuttle to the port, you can sign up starting at 7:00 am to get the time you want to be taken over to the ship.

Allegiant Airlines is in the news almost daily down here in Florida and not for any good reasons. I would not fly them at all. They cancel flights all the time, emergency landings and the flight crews are not happy with management. Enough said. Tampa airport is closer to the port and it provides you with more choices. My two cents!

Alkegiant flies into the St.Petersburg-Clearwater Airport. It is not located in Tampa although it is just across the bridge.

Depending on how much you would save flying Allegiant -vs- another airline, that flies into Tampa International ,would be a deciding factor. Your transportation from this area to a Tampa hotel or the Port, if you decide to stay in Clearwater, could eliminate any potential savings on Allegiant.

As far as hotels, Holiday Inn Rocky Point, Hampton Rocky Point and Chase Suites Rocky Point are good choices because they include a shuttle from TIA, breakfast and a roundtrip shuttle to/from the port. The return ride is a nice oerk and not all hotels offer this. Other hotel areas in Tampa that would be a good location are: the airport area, Westshore and downtown...although the downtown Tampa hotels do not offer complimentary shuttle service to TIA...so tack on $25 - $30 each way. Areas in Tampa to avoid, IMHO, are the stadium and fairgrounds area...just seedy and not safe.

Most all if the hotels around St Pete-Clwt Airport are all decent... A taxi or the Super Shuttle will be your best bet to the port. I am not aware of any that offer a port shuttle.

I'm a local so feel free to ask if you have any additional questions.

Sent from my VS880 using Forums mobile app

Edited by FlaGrl4Evr