Pregnant and Cruising

cupcake76

but not at the same time. my most important advice would be for her STAY HYDRATED...drink plenty of water and do NOT do any strenuous excursions (dehydration can cause preterm labor). don't stay out in the sun for super long periods of time (studies conducted on pregnant women and exposure to the sun/UV rays are inconclusive at this time). don't try anything "exotic" or foreign foodwise (here a link to a more extensive list of foods to avoid http://www.pregnancy-info.net/foods_to_avoid.html). be sure to wear soft-soled shoes (the marble floors inside the ship and the polished wood decks outside could be easy to slip on). be sure to schedule plenty of time for rest and don't overdo it. don't sit in the same spot for any extended period of time, be certain to get up and stretch your legs, and keep good circulation going and be SURE to have her ask her OB/GYN for any other tips or concerns s/he might have with her travelling.

I think that about covers it, IMO. have a great time!

I came home from our last cruise pregnant!:) That was the main goal during our cruise!;)

MamaParrotHead gave some great tips! I can't think of anything to add to that.

If you were having a good pregnancy(no morning sickness, problems, etc.) I would think a cruise would be a pregnant woman's dream. ALL OF THAT FOOD! Yummy!

I am not a huge drinker but the only thing I did really miss was trying different wines with dinner. Also we had late seating and staying up to eat at 8:15 and then try and watch show at 10 something - yeah right, not the BEST plan of action.

I did feel WAY MORE pregnant at the end of my day in Cozumel than I did at the beginning - and just laid around the next day. I also tried to get at least an hour every day when I could lay down and maybe cat nap a little bit. With the late seating dinner I could usually find time before supper.

I would recommend just some lazy beach excursions in port. Floating in salt water and feeling weightless is NICE when everything gets bigger.

And definitely talk to your ob or midwife about any activities you should avoid - usually things that could make you fall or topple over, pregnant women are not always known for their balance!

I was about 16 weeks pregnant on my Imagination cruise in March. I ended not being pregnant any more at 20 weeks but that was due to the cord wrapping around the baby's neck and not anything to do with my experience on the cruise!

Keep your fingers crossed for me that I am either pregnant on my next cruise 1/1/06 on the Miracle or the motion in the ocean does the trick!

Archived