Enough room in cabin?

cruiseco2015

We are booked on the Dream. It is myself, husband, children 4 and 8, and my mother. When we were selecting our rooms, the only way that made any sense financially was to divide us up. My mom and 8 year old are assigned to a small interior on the floor below us, and we have a 3 person balcony.

My question is, how easy would it be to fit our 8 year old in our cabin with us? Would the fold out bed hold smaller kids? I know it's not meant to be a 4 person room, but if my mom is doing her thing at night, I want to be able to put my children to bed. I also am a bit of a rule follower and don't want to get "in trouble" for having an extra person in the room.

It would definitely be a tight squeeze. Your best bet would probably be just to let the 4 year old sleep in the bed with the two of you and let the 8 year old have the couch.

I feel your pain I pay we pay for my mother in law to sail with us as well. It's great to have the baby sitter but it's tough on the wallet...especially since my wife won't let me book her in anything other than balcony!

The other option that comes to mind if you're feeling risky is to call carnival and have them book the 3 of you in a cabin for 4. That way you'll have the extra bed (one out of the ceiling and one out of the couch) should both kids wind up in the room with you. The risky part is that Carnival could bump you out of the cabin if they need it for a booking really with 4 people. It's just a matter of whether you want to roll the dice or not.

We booked two cabins for two people each (though ours are right next to each other, but not connecting), but our two year old will be in with my husband and myself and my mom will have her own. Not to say our two year old will never want to sleep in hers. I guess we'll see. It just made sense financially to book that way for us. I don't think Carnival will have a problem with it.

Ask for a couple of extra blankets, most kids don't mind sleeping on a little pallet on the floor, especially if they're close to you.

And double check, some rooms have the 2 bunk beds from the ceilings - we've done that when we traveled with just our 2 boys. We had the king, and they were above us.

bring and inflatable pool raft and ask for an extra sheet and blanket. inflate it and use it as an air bed for one of the kids. you can buy a cheap one and leave it behind if you dont want to bring it home. deflate every morning or just slide it under the bed or bring a bungee cord and attach it to the balcony rail when not being slept on

We are booked on the Dream. It is myself, husband, children 4 and 8, and my mother. When we were selecting our rooms, the only way that made any sense financially was to divide us up. My mom and 8 year old are assigned to a small interior on the floor below us, and we have a 3 person balcony.

My question is, how easy would it be to fit our 8 year old in our cabin with us? Would the fold out bed hold smaller kids? I know it's not meant to be a 4 person room, but if my mom is doing her thing at night, I want to be able to put my children to bed. I also am a bit of a rule follower and don't want to get "in trouble" for having an extra person in the room.

We have done 3, a 13 yr old, in a Dream balcony. The 3rd bed was the sofa with the back cushions removed. I guess you could put one on the cushions on the floor in front of the sofa. They usually have extra sheets/blankets in the room. If not, they would get you a set if you ask.