Also new to MSC!

chris_kelowna

And I am getting lots of information from Nidaco's thread. One more question is about price drops. I have sailed RCI and NCL most recently and had great success with price drops on our upcoming transatlantic cruise with RCL. Does that happen with MSC too? If I book and put a deposit now on a cruise that will take place in 2017, can I expect (hope) to see some price drops before final payment date? When you book with MSC, do you do so directly with the company or a travel agent? Why? I am from Canada and I don't think we have MSC reps here - I would probably need to deal with US reps. Thanks for the help!

Christine

Edited by chris_kelowna

And I am getting lots of information from Nidaco's thread. One more question is about price drops. I have sailed RCI and NCL most recently and had great success with price drops on our upcoming transatlantic cruise with RCL. Does that happen with MSC too? If I book and put a deposit now on a cruise that will take place in 2017, can I expect (hope) to see some price drops before final payment date? When you book with MSC, do you do so directly with the company or a travel agent? Why? I am from Canada and I don't think we have MSC reps here - I would probably need to deal with US reps. Thanks for the help!

Christine

Just like other lines you can book direct or a TA and everything else is the same.

Christine

With MSC the price you get at the time of booking is the price you pay. If the price drops in the mean time they will not alter your booking.

In recent times they are moving to add-ons rather than price drops; things such as free flights, OBC, complimemtary meal in the speciallity restaurants.

You may be able to ask for the add-ons, don't hold your breath, but I suspect you won't get them

It may be advantageouis to forgo your deposit , cancel the booking and rebook if there is a substancial price drop.

Pete

Thank you, very valuable advice! Do they do price drops? We are looking at booking a 21 day from Cape Town to Venice in 2017. With RCI I would usually get the very best price when it's first offered and during a huge sale get a little more off. I wonder with MSC is it better to book earlier or later?

With MSC the price you get at the time of booking is the price you pay. If the price drops in the mean time they will not alter your booking.

In recent times they are moving to add-ons rather than price drops; things such as free flights, OBC, complimemtary meal in the speciallity restaurants.

You may be able to ask for the add-ons, don't hold your breath, but I suspect you won't get them

It may be advantageouis to forgo your deposit , cancel the booking and rebook if there is a substancial price drop.

Pete

No it's not. Before final payment you can adjust price and perks as many times as you want. I am talking USA or Canada don't know about Europe rules.

Pete

Pete, that's another difference between US and European booking terms. They can get proce drops although we can't just like they get deposits refunded f

When cancelling cruises and we don't.

On my April Davina cruise after we booked they had a price drop & OBC. I called my TA and they rebooked us with no penalty and added the OBC. We already had the lower price. I'm in the US. We also booked a B2B at the end of November and we had to move it to December, it is already paid for. No penalties assessed & they just rebooked it.

• 2 weeks later...

I called MSC in the US today and found out that this particular cruise won't be available for us to purchase for another six months or so. They will do price drops and the cost is fully refundable until 76 days before the cruise. The person I talked to was lovely and very helpful. Thanks for your help, I'm dying to go on this cruise!