Family Oceanviews with separate sleeping quarters

I wasted way too much of my life last year researching family oceanview cabins on RCCL that had separate sleeping quarters as opposed to one big room. It took my forever to find information and pictures and many of the threads here on CC had descriptions but no pics or video.

Someone on a different thread asked about it and I dug up some of my old research, and thought I'd share it here in case anyone was wondering and hope to save you some time as these videos were hard to find!

The Freedom class has a couple of family oceanviews up front that have separate sleeping quarters, 8200 and 8500. 8200 is by far superior and a really great value with two separate sleeping areas and three giant windows.

The Vision class has 1 family oceanview way up front on deck 8, I believe the room number varies but the layout is the same. It has a separate bedrooms and TWO bathrooms, plus a curtained off bed area. Another perk, it sleeps 8! Some rumors exist that it may offer some gold card suite perks as it used to be a suite, but I don't believe that is guaranteed.

We ended booking 8200 for a b2b on the Independence before ditching the kids and switching to NCL :), so hoping my research wasn't completely in vain!

The Freedom class has a couple of family oceanviews up front that have separate sleeping quarters, 8200 and 8500.

This applies to Voyager class as well.

8200 is by far superior and a really great value with two separate sleeping areas and three giant windows.

I haven't stayed in 8200 but my research led me to the opposite conclusion. 8500 has two separate sleeping areas and four giant windows. The bunk room and the master bedroom have doors that close if privacy is required (at least on Explorer). The bunk room is along the front of the ship so it contains one of the giant windows.

Thanks for posting this. I did a lot of research as well before we sailed and this summary would have been very helpful.

We managed to grab 8500 during the 3rd/4th/5th/6th sail free promotion so we really did well.

Edited by LibertyCruiser

we where in 6200 on freedom and it was awesome not as good as 8200 that has to be the best.

On 6200 the kids bunks had a "room" with a small closet but not much floor space at all. It was a great room.

I haven't stayed in 8200 but my research led me to the opposite conclusion. 8500 has two separate sleeping areas and four giant windows. The bunk room and the master bedroom have doors that close if privacy is required (at least on Explorer). The bunk room is along the front of the ship so it contains one of the giant windows.

Thanks for posting this. I did a lot of research as well before we sailed and this summary would have been very helpful.

We managed to grab 8500 during the 3rd/4th/5th/6th sail free promotion so we really did well.

MTE. We chose 8500 over 8200 on Indy because it has actual doors instead of curtains to separate the sleeping areas.

The Vision class has 1 family oceanview way up front on deck 8, I believe the room number varies but the layout is the same. It has a separate bedrooms and TWO bathrooms, plus a curtained off bed area. Another perk, it sleeps 8! Some rumors exist that it may offer some gold card suite perks as it used to be a suite, but I don't believe that is guaranteed.

We had the FOV on Enchantment (Vision Class). Loved the cabin and the two bathrooms (one with a shower and one with a tub!). While located with the suites, the only "perk(s)" are getting your luggage very quick and getting shampoo, cream rinse and lotion in the bathrooms. LOVED the cabin, have it again in February.

The other perks of this cabin are its close proximity to the Windjammer, pool and Adventure Ocean. A really great family cabin.

We stayed in 8500 on Voyager and it had 2 bedrooms with doors, 4 large portholes and 2 flatscreen TV's.