Son's Birthday

lllrh

Good Morning

My son will be turning 6 on our cruise. I was wondering if I purchased a cake at a local bakery in Puerto Vallarta will they let me bring the cake back on the ship? I guess another option is ordering cake from the ship. Does anyone know if they are any good?

Thank you

I would not risk spending money on the cake and them refusing to let it onboard. You can buy a small cake for something like $12. We did that on our cruise (it was chocolate). I thought it was good. Nothing amazing, but on par with a typical birthday cake you would buy at the grocery store in the states for a kid's birthday.

We ordered a chocolate cake from Carnival and thought it was awesome. It was really fresh and delicious. I plan to order one for our 30th Anniversary on our upcoming cruise in Dec.

I would call Carnival and ask them what their rules are about bringing on a cake from port. It may be totally fine with them. But really, why hassle going to a bakery and carrying a cake around, when you can get a nice one, and at a very reasonable price I might add, right on-board the ship? You can tell them what day and when you want it delivered to your cabin or the MDR.

There are some cute things to order from the Fun Shops to be delivered to your cabin that your child would probably like. Of course, you can also bring some wrapping paper or gift bags and gifts from home. When our DS was younger I would hit up the 99 Cents Store and put together goody bags for him and any friends he brought with him or made on-board. I also decorated the cabin door and cabin for him on his birthday. Another idea is you could take him to the gift shop or the candy store (if you allow him to eat candy) and let him pick out something special for himself.

Whatever you decide, I hope the little guy has an awesome B-day!

P.S. Don't forget to bring some candles for the cake! No matches though...LOL!

Edited by mousey

You can bring a cake onboard. We bring pastries back all the time.

In PV Walmart (across the street) has a bakery. Was there a few months ago but I do not remember seeing any decorated cakes.

My little one is also turning 6 on our cruise (Breeze) in 2 weeks. :D I ordered from Carnival the Birthday package - they will decorate the cabin and comes with small Birthday cake. I also told my Carnival PVP that we will be celebrating his birthday on board and my PVP asked which date we wanted to celebrate we choose to do the day after we come aboard during dinner. They do a piece of cake with a candle (I think) and sing Happy Birthday. And 8 days of Sun and Fun... and a trip to the Candy Store I am sure ;)

Enjoy,

Nan :D

Edited by N&J

You can order a cake right online before your trip. You can pick the day you want to have it delivered and have it either delivered into the main dining room or into your cabin. If they do it in the main dining room they will come with candles and sing. If you don't finish it you can bring it back to your cabin. Super easy and I think it's only like $10 for the small size

Edited by finzup-kt