buying cigarettes on the Splendor

mom1965

Last time we were on in June they had very few - no Marlboro's at all - does anybody know if this was a one-tie only or are they not carrying much anymore. We are doing a 4 night to Canada on the 20th and unlike the Island ports won't be able to get them in Canada.

I don't know your itinerary, but any of the Caribbean islands sell Marlborough for about $20 a case. St Martin and St. Thomas are two that come to mind. We always joke the only things in the Caribbean that are cheaper then the U.S are bad for you, cigarettes and liquor.

I don't know your itinerary, but any of the Caribbean islands sell Marlborough for about $20 a case. St Martin and St. Thomas are two that come to mind. We always joke the only things in the Caribbean that are cheaper then the U.S are bad for you, cigarettes and liquor.

I have not seen cigarettes for $20 a case. $20/carton is what I've found.

I have not seen cigarettes for $20 a case. $20/carton is what I've found.

I'm pretty sure the poster meant carton.

I basically gave up cigarettes for electric cigarettes, or vaping as they call it 3 years ago. Unfortunately, I still like to smoke on cruise ships. I'm hoping I can give that up on my next cruise in October, but the drink package will probably put an end to that dream. I think the lack of Marlboro on the Spledor has to do with it sailing out of NYC. Although illegal, you could resell those cigarettes in NYC and pay for your cruise. There were plenty of Marlboros on the Pride in July.

Nothing prevents you from bringing what you need on board. But with revised smoking rules I'd be surprised if they reorder a lot of cigarettes. I think a carton of smokes goes for C$89 in New Brunswick and C$113 in Newfoundland. Beats US$130 in NYC, or US$100 in Boston US.

Edited by crewsweeper