Dream Adults Only Pool?

flyboyswife

Having a hard time on the Carnival site trying to figure out if there's an adult's only pool/sun deck. I can't imagine that there's not, but I'd love to know for sure. Anyone know? TIA!

Dream does not have an adult-only pool. She does have Serenity that has hot tubs.

Didnt know! THanks! Would you say its quieter bec there is no live entertainment back there? I just want to be able to look out to the waves below!

Dream serenity is close to the waterslides so as you are in a quiet location you will quite often be going up the stairs with children rushing to go down the slide. But no kids alone makes is much nicer back there. Yes you can see out just fine.

As already mentioned the pool in the back is not adult only but at least on my trip last JUNE which is primetime kids cruising I didn't have an issue with them in that pool. The main pool was definitely a kids only pool on that particular cruise (they took itover). Had a wonderful cruise as usual.

Is serenity a no-kids area with sun deck & bar (in addition to hot tubs)? I'm just looking for a quiet place to sun bathe. Thanks!

Yes, you'll be able to sit by a railing and watch the ocean.

Dream serenity is close to the waterslides so as you are in a quiet location you will quite often be going up the stairs with children rushing to go down the slide. But no kids alone makes is much nicer back there. Yes you can see out just fine.

The issue we've encountered on Serenity on Dream class ships is people yelling and screaming as they go down the water slides.

The issue we've encountered on Serenity on Dream class ships is people yelling and screaming as they go down the water slides.

We never had that problem and spent every day on Serenity deck. The entrance to the slide is at the very back of deck 15 and behind the superstructure. We sat more toward the bow, so with the wind and sound of the ship slide noise was never an issue. Unless your laying out directly near the stairs coming up from 14 on the port side you won't even see the people coming up to use the slide.

I am not sure I would do another Carnival ship that didn't have a Serenity deck and Cloud 9 spa. There are two hammocks on Serenity, which we were able to snag three times during the week. Now that was pure heaven.

• 3 weeks later...

Just off Dream. Serenity was miserable because of no air movement. Everyone we knew that tried it came back down. We hung out in the aft pool...there were 1100 kids onboard:eek: and they were in the aft pool as well, trying to swim and jump over people. No one was happy about it. Carnival needs to change that!!! There are no pool attendants....a mother even brought her non-potty-trained toddler in the pool despite signs that it is not allowed. Sadly, anything goes....and there is nothing you can do about it.

If you don't need a pool, Deck 5 on Starboard side is quiet, lots of chairs and hardly anybody there all week. Our balcony was above it and it was empty most of the time.

Edited by BopRN

We loved Serenity. We sat here all day on the last sea day. There was a bar right behind us . Deck 14 Starboard side. Just bring a small squirt bottle and you will be in heaven all day. No complaints. The noise from the kids going up the stairs to the side wasn't bad at all. I even had my little portable jambox for tunes. Even with overcast weather you can expect a nice burn.. so be sure to apply and reapply!! Happiness is all a matter of planning..

A352B8F1-B2DE-4ABE-8874-C1988BCBFA33.jpg

99F7AD85-204B-49AB-8CB6-E4C6EDCA0887.jpg

DC778952-B1B3-4C4A-BD2B-AF95ABF21EF0.jpg

Bar area

50A1CD6A-935D-4B07-A13B-0FF108D5B8E7.jpg

Towel Cabana

EB0E946D-00D6-4CE8-861F-3B3485DC1FFD.jpg

We got up there about 8am.. plenty of seats on this day

AD96DF40-5EED-4843-858E-26348F7B8B6A.jpg

This area is up on deck 15. I didn't like this deck so much because there wasn't a bar up here. LOL

ENJOY!!

Janet, Deck 14 looks perfect but, tell me, does it also have the regular loungers like the pic you showed of Deck 15? We will be on the Dream in February so I'm not anticipating it being overrun with kids since, in checking, looks like there are no spring breaks that week (the reason we go then, lol), but still it looks like a great place to just chill. Are the hammocks on 14 or 15?

Janet, Deck 14 looks perfect but, tell me, does it also have the regular loungers like the pic you showed of Deck 15? We will be on the Dream in February so I'm not anticipating it being overrun with kids since, in checking, looks like there are no spring breaks that week (the reason we go then, lol), but still it looks like a great place to just chill. Are the hammocks on 14 or 15?

Deck 14 starboard side does not have the loungers that you see on Deck 15. They just have those round cabana style lounger. There is also a shaded area behind the cabana loungers. I did go over to the port side and I think they had regular loungers on 14

As for deck 15, I could see how it could get hot up there as the rails were glass enclosed.. so you would really need some squirt bottles to be able to cool yourself down.

Hammocks were on 15

Deck 14 Starboard

821801433194397.jpg

Deck 14 Starboard

3807.jpg

Deck 15

3808.jpg

Deck 14 starboard side does not have the loungers that you see on Deck 15. They just have those round cabana style lounger. There is also a shaded area behind the cabana loungers. I did go over to the port side and I think they had regular loungers on 14

As for deck 15, I could see how it could get hot up there as the rails were glass enclosed.. so you would really need some squirt bottles to be able to cool yourself down.

Hammocks were on 15

Deck 14 Starboard

821801433194397.jpg

Deck 14 Starboard

3807.jpg

Deck 15

3808.jpg

Great pics showing the differences. I think we will opt for Deck 14 --rather have the bar than the loungers, lol.

Just off Dream. Serenity was miserable because of no air movement. Everyone we knew that tried it came back down. We hung out in the aft pool...there were 1100 kids onboard:eek: and they were in the aft pool as well, trying to swim and jump over people. No one was happy about it. Carnival needs to change that!!! There are no pool attendants....a mother even brought her non-potty-trained toddler in the pool despite signs that it is not allowed. Sadly, anything goes....and there is nothing you can do about it.

If you don't need a pool, Deck 5 on Starboard side is quiet, lots of chairs and hardly anybody there all week. Our balcony was above it and it was empty most of the time.

Exactly why I never cruise, or vacation in general, in summer months.

Can anyone tell me...I see the rounded chair with and without tops/clam-shell style. Do you have to request them? Do they take them down when it's to windy? Or are they sporadically placed?

In the picture above (post 15), the tops are folded down onto the top of the chair backs. All you have to do is raise them and viola! you have a sort-of-a clam shell.

Edited by tandemcruzr

What I am saying is I took the pictures in 13 and this is how the chairs looked three weeks ago when I sailed. I got the pictures in 15 off of Cruise Deck Plans website. I don't know how old they are. However when I was on the cruise we never saw the coverings at all. They were never there, supplied, or used.

that was my biggest complaint about last years cruise on the Magic, and this years cruise on the Dream (2 weeks ago). HOT. even hotter with limited shade and no pool. either had to go early in the morning, or late in the afternoon/evening.

and on our cruise 2 weeks ago, i saw quite a few non potty trained kids in the pool! and, no one did anything about it! despite the rules, and the signs.

Were just off the Dream. At sail away we were up in serenity, it was wonderful. Not hot at all! There is vents with cool air coming out from side of ship, right on to the chairs and hammock. But during the heat of the day it did get hot, but was still peaceful. Be sure to spend some time up there.

Having a hard time on the Carnival site trying to figure out if there's an adult's only pool/sun deck. I can't imagine that there's not, but I'd love to know for sure. Anyone know? TIA!

Some ships the aft pool is adults only but it seems that its a thing of the past, That is why we have switched to the Royal/Regal princess where the rules are enforced and it's heaven in the retreat pool.