Another Bus Pass Question

kebunnel

Are the bus passes valid only for the day you buy them (ending that night) or are they good for 24 hours? How are they validated?

We are trying to decide between buying a 2 or 3 day bus pass. Since we do not arrive in St George until 11 am and would like to sightsee in that area we are not sure if it would be worth it to buy a bus pass for that day. However if the bus pass is valid for 24 hours than we may buy it in the afternoon to use it to get to the Swizzle Inn that evening.

I would appreciate any information on this. Thank You

The bus passes have all 12 months and numbers 1-31 printed on them. The first time you board a bus the driver will punch the month and the numbers of the dates valid. In other words, no they are not valid from say noon of one day to noon the next. One thing we didn't know because its not on their website is that they do have a 2 day pass for $20 which we probably would have opted for since there are really only 2 full days in port.

The bus passes have all 12 months and numbers 1-31 printed on them. The first time you board a bus the driver will punch the month and the numbers of the dates valid. In other words, no they are not valid from say noon of one day to noon the next. One thing we didn't know because its not on their website is that they do have a 2 day pass for $20 which we probably would have opted for since there are really only 2 full days in port.

Another option is just buy the tokens. Or use them in combo with a shorter day pass. Since this last trip I was only taking the bus to the beach and back, not using the ferry or getting on and off multiple times a day I got the three zone tokens which are $2.50 each. I ended up spending $10 for the bus going to Horseshoe Beach on Monday and Tuesday from Hamilton. I did not end up taking the bus at St. George, but if I had decided to go from there to the Swizzle Inn like I have done in past years that would only have been another $5.

Hello Charles, How are you? Remember us from the Galaxy? We went to Bermuda in May and used the busses to go to Horshoe Beach and the lighthouse, trying to get back to the dockyard around 5:00 was not fun, we had to pass on 2 busses, because they were full to capacity, the 3rd one had standing room only, well I think my arms are still hurting from that ride. Now, the four of us are going on the VOS to Bermuda again in Nov, and want to spend the day at St George, but not by bus. We are considering taxi and/or scooters. If we chose the scooters, we will have to ride right pass the swizzle inn. Remember the Galaxy? I should have known you could help? Have you heard from anyone else from that trip? I would like to see some of you photos sometime, maybe you can send me a copy of some of them. Take care and Happy Cruising, perhaps we'll bump into each other again at sail-away.

Rudy

Hello Charles, How are you? Remember us from the Galaxy? We went to Bermuda in May and used the busses to go to Horshoe Beach and the lighthouse, trying to get back to the dockyard around 5:00 was not fun, we had to pass on 2 busses, because they were full to capacity, the 3rd one had standing room only, well I think my arms are still hurting from that ride. Now, the four of us are going on the VOS to Bermuda again in Nov, and want to spend the day at St George, but not by bus. We are considering taxi and/or scooters. If we chose the scooters, we will have to ride right pass the swizzle inn. Remember the Galaxy? I should have known you could help? Have you heard from anyone else from that trip? I would like to see some of you photos sometime, maybe you can send me a copy of some of them. Take care and Happy Cruising, perhaps we'll bump into each other again at sail-away.

Rudy

Of course I remember you!!! It was a great sailing on Galaxy. Since then I have been Carnival Miracle, RCI Jewel of the Seas, NCL Dawn and I just got back from Bermuda on Celebrity Zenith last week. For buses back from Horseshoe to Hamilton they were putting extra buses between 4 and 5 so I even had a seat. They stack them up in a field to the side and behind the bus shelter. I guess they don't do that from Horseshoe to the Dockyard. I suggest a taxi over a scooter to St. George. Too may scooter accidents. Knowing all of you, you all probably will be having some drinks :) Can't have a designated driver with a scooter :) Take a taxi !!! Plenty of places in St. George itself to have swizzles. The White Horse and the Tavern on the Wharf come to mind.

Charles

Archived