Whats going on here...???STAR

roboclam

yep, we booked Dawn out of NOLA this and next Thanksgiving due to the perks, and added th

e Star out of Tampa in Jan 17...We're a family of 5, so the SJ is a sweet spot- 1 cabin, decent price, and suite perks.....Can't find anything remotely close to the deal out of Tampa

I was booked Jan 17 on Star, family of 5 also in SJ. Have those awesome perks. I wonder what they are going to offer us.

We are pretty flexible and can go anytime in the Feb5-March5, 2017 time frame, but the other time frame that was offered conflicts with another cruise and travel plans.

I guess I will know on Aug 17. I tried calling today and the guy was helpful, just couldn't do anything and didn't have an answer as to what cabin they would offer me. Said I just needed to call back on the 17th

Problem is the cabin type...SJ doesn't exist on any but Dawn class. So for a larger family- you have to replace an SJ with a 2 bedroom owners suite....not exactly equitable

No need for owner's suite (H3 - that actually only sleeps 4), you can sleep 6 in regular two bedroom suites on Jewel class ships (SC and H4). Of course the price for SC is not usually as low as SJ, but lower than H3.

What I have read on other posts is if you transfer to whatever ship is coming in its place everything will move over including the promos. We have to wait 2 weeks and see

I've been told by my CC that if I don't go on my Christmas cruise one year earlier (!) I won't get my perks (UBP, UDP). Several reasons I can't do this. Would happily just change ship and spend Christmas 2016 on the Spirit and not Epic but to lose the perks is outrageous! The promos for 1 of 5 perks stops just before 17 August when we can re book - coincidence? Me thinks not! Just waiting like everyone else now!

The promos for 1 of 5 perks stops just before 17 August when we can re book - coincidence? Me thinks not!

Hmm..what? Current US promo is valid until end of August and CE & UK promos already ended at the end of July.

Hmm..what? Current US promo is valid until end of August and CE & UK promos already ended at the end of July.

Booking thru UK you can't get US promos. New promo coming next week but ends BEFORE 17 August and the next, next promo doesn't indlude my Dec 2016 sailing date (although it looks unlikely I will be sailing NCL for that!)

Booking thru UK you can't get US promos. New promo coming next week but ends BEFORE 17 August and the next, next promo doesn't indlude my Dec 2016 sailing date (although it looks unlikely I will be sailing NCL for that!)

Nothing stops you from booking through the US office. We do that all the time (our home office would be the CE office), there are also several UK residents here on CC who book through US office all the time.

Nothing stops you from booking through the US office. We do that all the time (our home office would be the CE office), there are also several UK residents here on CC who book through US office all the time.

Yes I know that! I'm not stupid! You have missed my point - my current cruise booked thru UK has been cancelled, I can't book anything until the new schedule is out on 17th August and have been told I won't get my existing perks of UDP & UBP! That's my point!

Yes I know that! I'm not stupid! You have missed my point - my current cruise booked thru UK has been cancelled, I can't book anything until the new schedule is out on 17th August and have been told I won't get my existing perks of UDP & UBP! That's my point!

No need to bite my head off. You have other options and if you choose not to use them, that is your choice. Vast majority of cruisers book their cruises through US office so there is no large conspiracy of cutting everyone surrefing from the cancellations off from benefiting the promos too.

No need to bite my head off. You have other options and if you choose not to use them, that is your choice. Vast majority of cruisers book their cruises through US office so there is no large conspiracy of cutting everyone surrefing from the cancellations off from benefiting the promos too.

You still don't get it - my "options" are a) go on my 10 night Christmas 2016 cruise in 2015 (impossible but I'm also booked on the same itinerary Feb 2016 anyway so the same cruise 2 months apart is not actually an option), take a shorter 7 night (acceptable) Christmas 2016 cruise on a different ship (acceptable) but lose my UDP & UBP (unacceptable) - it's called customer service.