Whats going on here...???STAR

roboclam

I no longer see my Oct 2016 10 night cruise to the western Caribbean on the Star listed anywhere...???When I go to MY NCL.com it still shows my reservation...I wonder what the deal is here...???Had UBP, UDP with all gratuities paid, not sure what to think...???Must be more truth to the Asian thing than I thought...???

I no longer see my Oct 2016 10 night cruise to the western Caribbean on the Star listed anywhere...???When I go to MY NCL.com it still shows my reservation...I wonder what the deal is here...???Had UBP, UDP with all gratuities paid, not sure what to think...???Must be more truth to the Asian thing than I thought...???

Check the roll call for this cruise. We're all waiting to see what's going to happen.

Star isn't the only one. 4 others - Epic, Jade, Spirit and Sun - are also off the radar.

Let's wait a couple days and see what happens.

We booked a cruise on Epic for March 2017 (11 day West Med), with UBP thrown in, and I'm sure NCL should allow us to have UBP if our cruise gets cancelled and we book something else.

I don't think all those 5 ships will be deployed to the other side of the world, prolly 2, and they need to rearrange the itineraries of the remaining 3.

I'm okay - sorry - we like adventure - we're interested in what itineraries NCL is going to offer - hope some are new - away from the boring usual ones.

Edited by bluesea777

I'm booked on this sailing also.

I hope it wasn't chartered out. I avoided the Pearl for that reason.....

I just got off the phone with my TA who spoke with NCL about the 10 day 2016 Oct western Car cruise...It is not cancelled, still a "reality" ship will be moved after this cruise...Very happy as we got a nice deal on that cruise...

Rob

From reading the press releases with the Star doing Asia/Australia/Baltics, the Spirit doing the Mediterranean, the Epic out of Tampa, that leaves the Jade to do the South American cruises.

Sad about Houston.....no word about if they will remain a home port. I am glad I am sailing from there in Feb. at least. There and NOLA are my only "drive to" ports.

Asia and Australia

In the fall of 2016, Norwegian Cruise Line will cruise to the Far East for the first time since fall/winter 2001-2002, with the recently renovated Norwegian Star sailing to the region for several unique itineraries that also feature first-ever visits to The Gulf and India. Norwegian Star will continue to spend her summer 2016 months cruising the Baltic Capitals from Copenhagen, Denmark. After her journey through the Western Mediterranean, Norwegian Star will depart on October 31, 2016 from Istanbul on the brand's first voyage to the Gulf region through the Suez Canal for a 20-day Eastern Mediterranean and The Gulf itinerary with stops in Ephesus (Kusadasi), Turkey; Rhodes, Greece; overnight in Haifa, Israel; Port Said, Sharm El Sheikh and Safaga, Egypt; Aqaba, Jordan; Salalah and Muscat, Oman; and an overnight in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.

On November 20, 2016, Norwegian Star will sail a 21-day Journey to the East from Dubai, United Arab Emirates to Singapore, featuring the brand's first visit to India with an overnight in Mumbai and stops in Goa (Mormugao), Mangalore and Kochi (Cochin). Additional ports of call include Fujairah and Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates; Muscat and Khasab, Oman; Colombo, Sri Lanka; Phuket, Thailand; Penang, Langkawi and Kuala Lumpur (Port Klang), Malaysia; and Singapore.

Throughout December 2016 and January 2017, Norwegian Star will do a series of 11- and 14-day sailings in Southeast Asia, departing from Singapore and Hong Kong respectively. Norwegian Star's 11-day Southeast Asia itineraries departing from Singapore on December 11, 2016 and January 5, 2017 feature ports of call in Ko Samui and an overnight in Bangkok (Laem Chabang), Thailand; Ho Chi Minh City (Phu My) and Nha Trang, Vietnam; Sanya and Hong Kong, China. Guests who sail on the ship's 14-day Southeast Asia itinerary from Hong Kong on December 22, 2016 will celebrate the holidays with calls in Kaohsiung, Taiwan; Hanoi (Ha Long Bay), Da Nang, and Ho Chi Minh City (Phu My), Vietnam; Sihanoukville, Cambodia; an overnight stay in Bangkok (Laem Chabang) and a day visit to Ko Samui, Thailand; and Singapore.

On January 16, 2017, Norwegian Star will sail a 21-day Southeast Asia and Australia itinerary from Hong Kong, China to Sydney, Australia. Ports of call include Nha Trang and Ho Chi Minh City (Phu My), Vietnam; Bangkok (Laem Chabang), Thailand; Singapore; Bali (Benoa) and Komodo, Indonesia; Darwin, Cairns, Airlie Beach, and Brisbane, Australia.

Norwegian Star will sail a 12-day Australia and New Zealand sailing on February 6, 2017 from Sydney, Australia to Auckland, New Zealand. Ports of call for this adventure down under include Melbourne and Burnie, Australia; and Dunedin, Akaroa, Wellington, Napier and Tauranga, New Zealand. Norwegian Star will also sail a 19-day Australia and New Zealand thrill-filled itinerary from Auckland, New Zealand to Singapore departing February 18, 2017. Ports of call include: Bay of Islands, New Zealand; Sydney, Brisbane, Airlie Beach, Cairns and Darwin, Australia; and Komodo and Bali (Benoa), Indonesia; and Kuala Lumpur (Port Kelang), Malaysia.

Norwegian Star will begin her journey back to the West with an 18-day Southeast Asia and India sailing from Singapore to Dubai, departing March 9, 2017. Ports of Call include Kuala Lumpur (Port Klang), and Penang, Malaysia; Phuket, Thailand; Colombo, Sri Lanka; Kochi (Cochin), Mangalore, Mumbai and Goa (Mormugao), India; Muscat and Khasab, Oman; Fujairah and Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.

Rounding out her season in the Far East will be a 20-day Eastern Mediterranean and The Gulf sailing from Dubai, United Arab Emirates through the Suez Canal to Venice, Italy departing March 27, 2017. Ports of call on this Western-bound journey include Fujairah, United Arab Emirates; Muscat and Salalah, Oman; Aqaba, Jordan; Safaga and Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt; an overnight in Haifa, Israel; a stop in Iraklion, Crete, Greece; Dubrovnik, Croatia; and finally, an overnight stay in Venice, Italy.

Caribbean & Bahamas

After more than a year in Europe, Norwegian Epic will return to Florida in November 2016 and will become the line's largest ship to homeport from Port Canaveral. Norwegian will offer Freestyle Cruising at its finest aboard Norwegian Epic with a series of Eastern and Western Caribbean and Bahamas itineraries ranging in length from three, four, six and seven days?a sure opportunity to fit any schedule or itinerary preference.

Norwegian Epic's seven-day Eastern Caribbean itinerary will be a beach-lover's paradise with stops in Tortola, British Virgin Islands; St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands; and Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas. Guests can choose to soak-up the sun or opt for an adventurous land-based activity on Norwegian Epic's Western Caribbean itinerary, featuring stops in Cozumel, Mexico; George Town, Grand Cayman; Ocho Rios, Jamaica; and Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas. Norwegian Epic will offer guests who may not have the time to get away for a week-long vacation the perfect opportunity for a quick escape in January and March 2017 with three- and four-day Bahamas itineraries with stops in Nassau and Great Stirrup Cay.

Norwegian Jade will replace Norwegian Star and homeport from Tampa from November 2016 through April 2017 and sail a seven-day Western Caribbean itinerary departing on Sundays to Cozumel, Mexico; Costa Maya, Mexico; Roatan (Bay Islands), Honduras; and Norwegian's new Caribbean destination experience, Harvest Caye, Belize. In addition, Norwegian Jade will also sail two eight-day Western Caribbean holiday sailings in December 2016. Guests aboard these two cruises will enjoy the holidays under the sun with ports of call in Cozumel, Mexico; Costa Maya, Mexico; Roatan (Bay Islands) Honduras; Harvest Caye, Belize; and Santo Tomas de Castilla, Guatemala.

Norwegian Jade guests can explore further into the Caribbean with two 10-day and two 11-day Eastern Caribbean cruises from Tampa. Marking the first time Norwegian has offered sailings longer than one week to the Caribbean from Tampa, Norwegian Jade's 10-day Eastern Caribbean itinerary departing January 15 and March 19 will visit Key West, Florida; Tortola, British Virgin Islands; St. John's, Antigua; Philipsburg, St. Maarten; and San Juan, Puerto Rico. Norwegian will call in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic for the first time aboard Norwegian Jade's 11-day Eastern Caribbean itinerary departing January 25 and March 29; additional ports of call include Cozumel, Mexico; George Town, Grand Cayman; Ocho Rios, Jamaica; St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands or Tortola, British Virgin Islands; and San Juan, Puerto Rico.

I just got off the phone with my TA who spoke with NCL about the 10 day 2016 Oct western Car cruise...It is not cancelled, still a "reality" ship will be moved after this cruise...Very happy as we got a nice deal on that cruise...

Rob

Here's some info that may cause you to rethink what you were told:

Norwegian Star will begin her journey south with a 14-day Western Europe sailing from Copenhagen, Denmark to Barcelona, Spain departing on September 28, 2016. Guests will have the freedom and flexibility to taste, touch, shop and feel the flavors of Europe with ports including Oslo, Norway; Rotterdam, Netherlands; Brussels/Bruges (Zeebrugge), Belgium; Paris (Le Havre) and Bordeaux (Le Verdon), France; Seville (Cadiz), Valencia, and the line's first call in Gijón, Spain; as well as a call in Lisbon, Portugal.

This is posted on NCL website:

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/pressroom/pressRelease.html?storyCode=PR_080315

WELL, HOW DID i MISS THAT?!?! Yes, the Jade will be in Tampa now, LOL. I see that the Sun will do the SA cruises. That is why my 5 night Tampa Sun cruise was pulled/cancelled. I was excited about that because we were going to Key West. My only alternative will be to change to the 4 night Epic out of Port Canaveral in Feb '17. Not the best itinerary though. I am hoping that will work for all my friends cruising with me. We had an SJ family suite and the Epic does not have those. Problems, problems.

On the cancellation letter you should have received re-booking options. Mine states that I can select any of the Jade's sailings between Nov 3, 2016 and December 11, 2016 -(which is 2 weeks before and after my original cruise booked) and my fare would be protected.

If I choose another sailing on any other ship I only get an OBC of $100.

I got my letter from NCL stating this cruise was cancelled and that my only option with price protection was the Jade...sailing on 1/15/2017 for a 10 day EASTERN itinerary.

It's bad enough that the 'option' is in a whole different calendar year, but it's an eastern, not a western and to make matters worse, all they said is, 'it's an eastern.' NO itinerary was given...so you basically switch to a cruise you have no clue where it is exactly going.

The reason I don't book eastern OR western itineraries in the winter months is because we have literally be 'burned' a few times, getting stuck with chilly weather in the months of Jan/Feb in the East or west Caribbean...which is why we started sailing southern itineraries in the months of Jan/Feb

THEN, NCL cancelled our Pearl/Feb/Southern caribbean cruise last year and took themselves out of the S. Caribbean in the winter months altogether.

I swear they are chasing me to Royal....and doing a dang good job of it too.

Does that mean if I have a suite on star I will get a suite on the ship of my choice??

No, it means you can have a suite on the jade sailing 1/15/2017, at the same rate and with the same perks you got when booking the Star originally.

IF you choose any other ship or itinerary, you get your deposit from the Star back and then you book at the current rate. NO price protection.

Edited by halos

Ditto...

yep, we booked Dawn out of NOLA this and next Thanksgiving due to the perks, and added th

e Star out of Tampa in Jan 17...We're a family of 5, so the SJ is a sweet spot- 1 cabin, decent price, and suite perks.....Can't find anything remotely close to the deal out of Tampa

What I have read on other posts is if you transfer to whatever ship is coming in its place everything will move over including the promos. We have to wait 2 weeks and see

Problem is the cabin type...SJ doesn't exist on any but Dawn class. So for a larger family- you have to replace an SJ with a 2 bedroom owners suite....not exactly equitable

I got my letter from NCL stating this cruise was cancelled and that my only option with price protection was the Jade...sailing on 1/15/2017 for a 10 day EASTERN itinerary.

It's bad enough that the 'option' is in a whole different calendar year, but it's an eastern, not a western and to make matters worse, all they said is, 'it's an eastern.' NO itinerary was given...so you basically switch to a cruise you have no clue where it is exactly going.

The reason I don't book eastern OR western itineraries in the winter months is because we have literally be 'burned' a few times, getting stuck with chilly weather in the months of Jan/Feb in the East or west Caribbean...which is why we started sailing southern itineraries in the months of Jan/Feb

THEN, NCL cancelled our Pearl/Feb/Southern caribbean cruise last year and took themselves out of the S. Caribbean in the winter months altogether.

I swear they are chasing me to Royal....and doing a dang good job of it too.

No, it means you can have a suite on the jade sailing 1/15/2017, at the same rate and with the same perks you got when booking the Star originally.

IF you choose any other ship or itinerary, you get your deposit from the Star back and then you book at the current rate. NO price protection.

For our 5 night out of Tamps- there is no replacement cruise on Hjade...Just a 100 OBC for being a suite guest