Horseback Ride & Swim / Montego Bay - anybody booked this on their own?

Sablerose

Carnival wants $89/pp for this excursion and while it sounds like a lot of fun it also sounds very pricey.

I've e-mailed chukkacaribbean to see if they offer it independently of the ship, since it's on their website, but I haven't heard back yet.

Has anyone booked this on their own, and who did you book with IN MONTEGO BAY, and did you enjoy it? How much did you pay?

Thanks in advance.

We booked with A to Z Jamaica Planners in August- great independent company - always answered emails- were there waiting on us- We paid $65/person and loved it. I believe the name of the ranch was Double A Ranch - I had booked it after reading an excellent recommendation on this board so you may search for it. We were picked up promptly and returned to Margaritavile- I think he'll take tyou wherever you'd like to be dropped. Be Careful of hagglers and only ride in a JUTA cab.

• 4 months later...

We did not go thru a rainforest or thru a river- We rode up a mountain and looked back towards the gorgeous blue ocean. Then we rode back down the mountain past Half Moon resort and across the road to the ocean where we got pics taken witht he horses and then swam with the horses in the ocean-very fun but not real comfortable. They may have changed where they go now because the area where we went was going to be developed and they mentioned this to us-that they couldn't go to this part of ocean for much longer- . We were very pleased with A to Z and I think it'll be fine-just reconfirm that you do go in ocean becasue we had never done that and it was cool We wore batingsuits with shorts and t-shirtsa -packed backpacks with cameras ,towels-didn't need a towel-

Thanks for your quick response! Since you went in August, was it stifiling hot? Were you out in the sun alot, or did you go through shady areas? It's a 2 1/2 hour ride, were you sore the next day? Should we bring bottled water or did they have refreshments? Most importantly, was it worth the $$$$?

It was not unbearable- we did not take water bottles- didn't really need them and yes it was worth the money-we are heading to Mexico in March and my daughter wants to ride there -she rides at home though. Have fun !!

Archived