Problem paying in Cruise planner?

I did give up and called directly to book my beverage package so I could pay it off in advance. But I truly resent having to waste time on hold on a phone call when if the website were working properly, it could be booked in 3 min.:mad:

I just booked my 6 shore excursions today. Going on the AOS in 4 1/2 weeks :) I saved them to my cart yesterday & paid today no problem. You might want to call RCCL & see what is happening.

I've had a problem for the past three days. I want to order drink packages and internet access, but every time I try to pay I get this:

CREDIT CARD ERROR

Payment Not Accepted

Your credit card and billing information could not be processed. Please re-enter your information or use a different credit card to process your order.

If you ordered complimentary offerings please check your email for booking confirmation

Re-enter your credit card information

I've tried three different cards and three different browsers. It doesn't want to work.

Anyone else having this problem?

Do you know if I can call the Nordic phone-support in Norway and pay over the phone?

The cruise is in 2 weeks, so I don't want to sit around and wait for their IT-department to maybe-kinda-perhaps-sorta-fix it.

But I truly resent having to waste time on hold on a phone call when if the website were working properly, it could be booked in 3 min.:mad:

Exactly!!!

I too finally made the call and got the internet and beverage package taken care of.

The irony of this call was I must have listened to a prerecorded message close to a ten times of "how your business is extremely important to us"......really!?!.....set up a consistently functioning website, and maybe I'll begin to feel the love.:D

I finally had to give up.

Yesterday, I tried again, but when I tried to access the Cruise Planner, it was under maintenance. I thought that it might mean they were trying to fix the issue, but today I was still unable to buy anything.

Since it was cheaper for me to purchase things in advance I had to call the Nordic support. They were not even aware there was a problem. So I sent them a screenshot, and the link to this thread to show them more people had issues with this.

So I made my order over the phone, I have gotten a confirmation, and I'm all set to go cruising on sunday. :)

Was looking at Shore Excursions last night and it threw me out and then stated that the Booking was Locked.

I had the same issue over the weekend with about 3 different cards. I called Monday and they booked them over the phone and took my card. Then I got a survey about the helpfulness of the phone rep. I said he was great but then I ripped them on their back end systems. If they had better back end systems, I wouldn't have to call customer service! I hope RCCL IT has nothing to do with navigation. We would be doomed.

It's still happening. Want to buy my drink package and it won't take a valid card. Such a pain in the you know what and it's not like "shopping cart checkout" is a new thing to internet commerce.

C'mon, get it together Royal.

• 4 years later...

I have been having this problem for the last 2 months.  

Unable to make cruise planner purchases or pay cruise fare balance, trying multiple times, several times/day almost every day.   However, about 10 days ago, I was able to pay a cruise fare balance, almost by accident.  Now there is a fantastic cruise planner sale but I can't purchase anything.  It states my payment is not accepted.  I tried with 2 different, perfectly valid credit cards on 2 different browsers, on 3 different computers.  I live in Canada.  It should not be this difficult to give Royal Caribbean my money.

Snip20200525_1.png

I am not sure where a glitch happened with us, but I bought the $120 All Digital package 2 weeks ago. Never paid attention to it. Processed payment from the Planner and done. A few days ago I don't see it in our Planner nor charged to our cc. Something happened when I purchased it, but not sure. I am waiting for a response from RCI because it is no longer available at all on our sailing. That could be why it messed up.