Staying in Ft. Lauderdale

turtleash

We're doing Eurodam in November, not that it matters to your question, but I felt the need to cheer.

Look at Hollywood Beach for cottage style on the beach. There are so many choices that are rated highly on tripadvisor and other places. There are some that have bicycles for their guests to use on the broadwalk. There are also many bicycle rental shops that have tandem and other neat bikes.

Hollywood Beach is very close to the beach and has many affordable places to choose from to stay. We wanted to do the new Margaritaville, but they're all booked up. So, we're just zooming in on Google Maps & Earth to see exactly where we want to stay & what will be nearby.

When are you going? we leave the 8th

When are you going? we leave the 8th

Same. 😊

We live about a 4 hour drive away. Still haven't booked anything just yet. Thinking about Hollywood Beach Towers instead of one of the boutiques. They renovated last year. If you look at the reviews, seems nice if only staying a night or two. Location is pretty good. Could walk over to the new Margaritaville resort for food & drinks. There's also two upscale seafood restaurants close by. As a couple, one of those restaurants you may really want to check out. On the intracoastal, they have these cute swinging picnic table pavilions. Looks very romantic. Pull up Google maps and search nearby. If you can't find it, let me know and I'll look it up again.

Edited by cruiseJMO

Same. 😊

We live about a 4 hour drive away. Still haven't booked anything just yet. Thinking about Hollywood Beach Towers instead of one of the boutiques. They renovated last year. If you look at the reviews, seems nice if only staying a night or two. Location is pretty good. Could walk over to the new Margaritaville resort for food & drinks. There's also two upscale seafood restaurants close by. As a couple, one of those restaurants you may really want to check out. On the intracoastal, they have these cute swinging picnic table pavilions. Looks very romantic. Pull up Google maps and search nearby. If you can't find it, let me know and I'll look it up again.

There's a place called Le Tub, right across from where the Margaritaville hotel is located. It's a total dive, but has awesome burgers. It's one of the 20 Burgers You Must Eat Before You Die, coming in at #1.

http://www.gq.com/story/hamburger-death-eat

Edited by POA1

Alhambra Resort is rated #1 on Trip Advisor. I've never stayed there but booked there for the beginning of our cruise in October. They are reasonably priced, close to the ocean and located 1 block from one of Cruise Critic's recommended restaurants Casablanca Cafe. Unfortunately Alhambra was booked for our return stay so we booked at the new Margaritaville. Good luck in your search, I spent months researching!

Edited by elusive_23

There's a place called Le Tub, right across from where the Margaritaville hotel is located. It's a total dive, but has awesome burgers. It's one of the 20 Burgers You Must Eat Before You Die, coming in at #1.

http://www.gq.com/story/hamburger-death-eat

Thanks for the tip. Been meaning to ask u for this kind of thing. Any other local insider tips? Looking to budget low (but still get good) since we like to blow a lot on the cruise.

Also, we live in Tampa Bay area & have done plenty of Florida Beach resorts.

Oh, and would you like us to drop off any HAL prunes on the way home? 😉