pre-book for Vibe Beach Club?

Gilly142

Hi everyone, I am embarking on my first ever cruise with my girlfriend on NCL getaway this October! We are very excited. I am trying to do as much homework as I can to make it the best vacation it can be. I have read about passes to the Vibe beach club and am wondering if anyone knows of any way to get these passes earlier than when you board the ship. I don't mind the standing/waiting in line or anything I just want to make sure that I can get them. It seems it is one of the only things I can't pre-book on the NCL website. Any info would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

That's what I was afraid of! lol Thanks for the quick reply. We are going to try to get a hotel very close to the port as we fly in the day before, so that we can get to the port as early as we are allowed.

That's what I was afraid of! lol Thanks for the quick reply. We are going to try to get a hotel very close to the port as we fly in the day before, so that we can get to the port as early as we are allowed.

No matter where your hotel is in Manhattan, it will be a quick cab ride to the terminal. Choose a hotel based on budget (very expensive to stay in NYC).

Make sure you do your online checkin asap so you can choose an early boarding time.

That is check-in time (boarding numbers are handed out at/after check-in) and anyway it is only a suggestion - they are not making anybody wait outside the doors if one arrives earlier than their time.

While getting to the pier early is your only shot at getting into VIBE. Unfortunately, getting to the pier early is not a guarantee for getting a low boarding number. On our cruise, one of our roll call members was a guy who was on BA for the fourth time in two years. He got to the pier early and got boarding number 21 while their friends with them got a really low numbered group (like 4 or 6 I think). We got to the pier at 8:30 and was the 15th or 20th person in line before security even opened up and they still tried to give us boarding group number 21!!!! Luckily, we actually found out at check in that we had priority boarding so that rocked and we got a cabana (can't tell you why, other than we had a lot of pre-cruise issues with many phone calls, so maybe somebody looked out for us). My friend just went on the GA and got to the pier early, they are first time cruisers and got boarding group #4 and made it into Vibe, but cabanas were sold out despite their running to service desk like the Disney line drop. Her friends got there around the same time and got a much later group and missed out. I WISH SOMEONE COULD EXPLAIN THE RHYME OR REASON BEHIND THE RANDOM HANDOUT OF NUMBERS AT THE PIER....UGHH!!!

Edited by Kenlorz

So I guess my next question is...... how would one go about getting priority boarding? Is that reserved for people who have booked a certain kind of stateroom?

Priority boarding is a suite perk, you can also get priority boarding if you have VIP status but there is nothing you can do to get it, it is given at NCL's discretion (sometimes the HD grants VIP status to the person arranging CC M&G).

While getting to the pier early is your only shot at getting into VIBE. Unfortunately, getting to the pier early is not a guarantee for getting a low boarding number. On our cruise, one of our roll call members was a guy who was on BA for the fourth time in two years. He got to the pier early and got boarding number 21 while their friends with them got a really low numbered group (like 4 or 6 I think). We got to the pier at 8:30 and was the 15th or 20th person in line before security even opened up and they still tried to give us boarding group number 21!!!! Luckily, we actually found out at check in that we had priority boarding so that rocked and we got a cabana (can't tell you why, other than we had a lot of pre-cruise issues with many phone calls, so maybe somebody looked out for us). My friend just went on the GA and got to the pier early, they are first time cruisers and got boarding group #4 and made it into Vibe, but cabanas were sold out despite their running to service desk like the Disney line drop. Her friends got there around the same time and got a much later group and missed out. I WISH SOMEONE COULD EXPLAIN THE RHYME OR REASON BEHIND THE RANDOM HANDOUT OF NUMBERS AT THE PIER....UGHH!!!

Maybe they're starting that to stop people from getting to the port at 8:30 when they tell you not to get there that early.

I was on the Epic in January and I got to the port in Miami super early and they went and handed me a pass for boarding group 5. I was peeved because I really wanted that posh pass. I found a guy who was in boarding group 1 and didn't care, and I paid him $10 to switch with me. I got my pass and it was worth every red cent.:)