How far does Boardwalk go?

llarsen

Hello,

Been to Barbados several times, mostly Paynes, Sandy Lane and Browns (Carlise Bay).

This time we decided to hire a driver to take us to some beaches we haven't visited yet.

We plan to see Bathsheba, Bottom Bay, Crane, (maybe Miami) and Rockley.

We would like to have the driver leave us off at Rockley, stay there a while if it's nice and calm for swimming, then walk from Rockley to Browns Beach (Carlise Bay) to end our day with a swim and few drinks, maybe stop by Pebbles too on the way if it's worth it.

I've heard of a "Boardwalk" but where does it start and is it possible to walk from Rockley to Browns or do we still need the driver to get us closer to Browns?

Also, how do Crane, Rockley and Miami compare to each other? We will skip Miami unless it's nicer than Crane or Rockley for swimming.

We know Browns is pretty calm and that's where we planned to swim and have a drink before heading back to the ship, but if Crane, Rockley or Miami are as calm and nicer, we would prefer to stay at a beach we haven't been to before.

Any information on the boardwalk or suggestions are appreciated.

Hello,

Been to Barbados several times, mostly Paynes, Sandy Lane and Browns (Carlise Bay).

This time we decided to hire a driver to take us to some beaches we haven't visited yet.

We plan to see Bathsheba, Bottom Bay, Crane, (maybe Miami) and Rockley.

We would like to have the driver leave us off at Rockley, stay there a while if it's nice and calm for swimming, then walk from Rockley to Browns Beach (Carlise Bay) to end our day with a swim and few drinks, maybe stop by Pebbles too on the way if it's worth it.

I've heard of a "Boardwalk" but where does it start and is it possible to walk from Rockley to Browns or do we still need the driver to get us closer to Browns?

Also, how do Crane, Rockley and Miami compare to each other? We will skip Miami unless it's nicer than Crane or Rockley for swimming.

We know Browns is pretty calm and that's where we planned to swim and have a drink before heading back to the ship, but if Crane, Rockley or Miami are as calm and nicer, we would prefer to stay at a beach we haven't been to before.

Any information on the boardwalk or suggestions are appreciated.

The board walk runs for about a mile from when you exit the port to the Careenage in Bridgetown.

The stops you want to make are pretty ambitious and would be almost impossible to complete in one day if you want quality time at any of the stops.

Rockley beach has a few more amenities than Miami as Rockley/Accra is frequented by a lot more tourist than Miami...which is very popular with the locals.

Crane beach is very much off the beaten path and not very conducive to swimming as the water/currents are very rough/strong.

Thank you Bajan for your reply.

Yes you are probably right about having quality time. I think it would be best for us to taxi to Rockley, then to the area closer to the port where we can walk or taxi back to the ship at the end of the day.

Thanks!

The Boardwalk runs from Accra Beach to a little before the Hilton....I believe you can continue to walk to Carlise.....At this point I would say to skip Miami as the seaweed is bad. Have the taxi leave you at Accra (Rockley)...either take a swim there or walk on the Boardwalk...it's a lovely walk....you can always get a taxi when you reach the Hilton or just continue to Carlise and taxi from there....You will have time....start your day early.

Bajan was thinking of something else..not the "Boardwalk" that is talked about....

The Boardwalk runs from Accra Beach to a little before the Hilton....I believe you can continue to walk to Carlise.....At this point I would say to skip Miami as the seaweed is bad. Have the taxi leave you at Accra (Rockley)...either take a swim there or walk on the Boardwalk...it's a lovely walk....you can always get a taxi when you reach the Hilton or just continue to Carlise and taxi from there....You will have time....start your day early.

Bajan was thinking of something else..not the "Boardwalk" that is talked about....

No I was NOT thinking of anything else. Check my location.

There are 2 boardwalks. One which starts just outside the port in Bridgetown and stops just short of the Carlisle Bay/boat yard area and another which starts in the Hastings/Accra area and stops just short of Oistins, which happens to be short of Miami Beach so the OP would not have to worry about being in that area.

I was speaking of the one that runs from the port to the heart of Bridgetown.

Just as an FYI there are plans in place right now to connect the 2 which would then take you from the port to the Hastings area. Not sure what the time frame on this is.

Edited by Bajan Keith

Yes, but he was asking about going from rockley to Carlisle beach...that would not be the one from the port area.... The boardwalk does not go from rockley to oistens...it goes from Accra/rockley to just before the Hilton...several restaurants along the path......would love for them to connect. Would make a wonderful stroll...

Edited by macaroni

We will be there the first week in December.

We would like to check out Rockley and walk a little bit. I think it's the Hastings/Accra boardwalk I had in mind, and read about.

We have walked from the port to Carlise Bay area several times. We had some fantastic drinks and the best time ever many years ago when Lobster Alive had a different owner. She was a sweet English lady and she made us drinks with her "secret potion". Wow were they powerful!

A few years later we returned and it was new owners and staff who completely ignored us, and we haven't been back there since.

The Boat Yard isn't our thing, and we've been on Silver Moon catarmaran a few times, so we thought we'd check out Rockley.

The broadway starts opposite Magic Isle apartments on Rockley beach and go as far as behind Soco Hotel in Hastings . Starting from Rockley beach you pass Naru , KFC , Tapas and Blakey Bar in that order.

THere is other eating options close buy in Laterns Mall, Bistro Monet, South 7 and Chinese on the roadside I have my evening walk on that stretch most days. There are sitting areas 5 sections . These are opposite Soco, Blakey, Baths, KFC and Bistro Monet. plus the Espandade

The plan w as to extend it to Hilton but the way the economy is right now i can 't see that as priorty

It's an easy walk to the Hilton on the beach from where the boardwalk ends. We had a taxi drop us off at the Hilton and we walked along the beach to the left and followed the boardwalk to Accra/rockley where we spent our day..only left the beach to get a flying fish sandwich across the street at just grillin.we had a great day and after that stopped cruising for a while and just went back to Barbados...we didn't want to go back to the ship at the end of our day.

Thank you for your replies. This sounds exactly like what I had in mind. Floss- you are so fortunate to enjoy your evening walk on such a beautiful island.

Glad to know there is another place for Fish Sandwich in case we don't make it to Cuz's Fish stand. But in case we have a choice, is Cuz's better?

Thanks!

Thank you for your replies. This sounds exactly like what I had in mind. Floss- you are so fortunate to enjoy your evening walk on such a beautiful island.

Glad to know there is another place for Fish Sandwich in case we don't make it to Cuz's Fish stand. But in case we have a choice, is Cuz's better?

Thanks!

Thanks it just a place to unwind and exercise after a day of stress workwise just to watch the sun set . Recently I been going later to watch the turtles come in to lay their eggs plus the hatchlings trying to get back to sea.

• 2 weeks later...

Where can we get dropped off if we want to start walking the boardwalk and bro heading toward the Hilton? Would like to stop at the Coconut Court Beach Resort for a while then on to Tapas for lunch. Not sure we should be dropped off at the resort as they may not want us walking through their lobby. Where would be a good place to have taxi drop us?

• 2 weeks later...
Where can we get dropped off if we want to start walking the boardwalk and bro heading toward the Hilton? Would like to stop at the Coconut Court Beach Resort for a while then on to Tapas for lunch. Not sure we should be dropped off at the resort as they may not want us walking through their lobby. Where would be a good place to have taxi drop us?

Ask to be dropped off by Hasting Esplanade 100 yards left is Tapas should be open by midday right will take to Coconut Court just continue walking after boardwalk end along the beach. It public access all the way to Hilton.

-