Hot tubs on Magic

skylark131

I haven't sailed on Carnival Magic, so I've been looking over her deck plans. I've noticed there are hot tubs located on deck 5. Anyone know if these are often crowded? My husband and I love to spend time in the hot tubs, but often find them overrun with children on carnival cruises (we're not anti-kids...I mean, we're taking our 4 year old twins with us in November....but we love to relax together in the hot tubs without splashing). Although, it seems magic has more than the other ships we've sailed.

Anyone have good insight about the ship's hot tubs?!

We often found one or more completely empty the times we wanted to use them. I travel with teachers ( I am a retired one myself) and we give kids the teacher stink eye if they misbehave and they usually find somewhere else to entertain themselves. I travel with three grandsons myself, youngest one is 2.

The Magic has hot tubs all over the place. You won't have any trouble finding hot tubs without kids. The Magic also has the Serenity Adults only area and there are two hot tubs in that area. You will generally see the kids in the hot tubs around the Dive In theater. You will also find adults in the hot tubs down on Deck 4. It will be fine.

Depends on when you sail. We just got off the Magic in July...lots of kids. Our cruises in November,and April have less kids. Either way deck 15 forward is adults only and has plenty of lounge chairs, two person hammocks, and 2 great Jacuzzis.

Edited by norituck

We had a balcony room (Magic, mid June sailing) that looked directly down on a hot tub. We were on deck 8 midship and I can recall quite a few times when I looked down and saw it empty or with very few people. (We were starboard side). I never really noticed any kids in it except for one time and they were accompanied by a parent who seemed to have tight control. Of course I didn't monitor the hot tub situation 24/7 but was surprised at how often it was empty or sparsely populated.

The Magic has several hot tubs, but none in convenient spots for the active people. That's good news for you. There are a grand total of 0 hot tubs anywhere near the main pool, which was a dumb flaw in the design of this ship. They didn't carry forward the Splendor's & Dream's design of having hot tubs above the main pool. That will mean that the kids would probably find the aft hot tubs to the most convenient for them. If the deck 5 hot tubs are crowded, try the serenity hot tubs, or vice-versa.

We went in January, so not a lot of kids, but hot tubs were not very crowded. Our only issue is that they were not hot - lukewarm at best. The aft tubs are likely to be the most crowded. Serenity is adult only so that's nice. The ones on deck 5 weren't used much that I saw.

The Deck 5 hot tubs were my favorite thing about the Magic. It took a few days for people to discover them, and even then they were never all crowded at the same time. There were certainly people with children -- we were among them -- but you should be able to find a peaceful spot. Deck 5 in the evenings was especially empty.

We went in January, so not a lot of kids, but hot tubs were not very crowded. Our only issue is that they were not hot - lukewarm at best. The aft tubs are likely to be the most crowded. Serenity is adult only so that's nice. The ones on deck 5 weren't used much that I saw.

Carnival's hot tubs always seem to be lukewarm at best.

I'm pretty sure they do it on purpose to limit liability when people sit drinking alcohol in them for hours at a time... a true hot tub could be very dangerous in that situation.

I think there are 14 or 15 hot tubs on the magic, it is VERY easy to get in a not crowded one.

The ones that are the most crowded are the ones on the serenity area, that one is usually near packed. But that isn't an issue since you are looking for space w/ little ones.

I have a question if anyone knows the answer.... Why do they drain the hot tubs so early every night? It would have been nice to enjoy a nice soak in the evening but it seems they drained them and ropes them off quite early in the evening. I would think they should be open till at least midnight or even 11 pm would be better than 9 or 10 or whenever they close. I'm not really sure what time but I looked out one nite at 9 pm and it was drained and closed off already.

Carnival's hot tubs always seem to be lukewarm at best.

I'm pretty sure they do it on purpose to limit liability when people sit drinking alcohol in them for hours at a time... a true hot tub could be very dangerous in that situation.

I know what you mean by that. We have a hot tub at home that we don't keep very hot, but at least 98-100 degrees (unless middle of summer - air temp is about 105). We've been on many CCL ships & typically hot tubs are like bath water - not too hot, but you're not gonna get chilled in it. When we were on Magic, it was like they had just filled it with tap water, so we didn't even want to get in it. That was on deck 5. Some girls were getting out of it and they were shivering. None of the employees in the area seemed to be able to do anything about the temp. Freedom's hot tubs were perfect when we sailed in May.