Undecided about seeing Cats on the Oasis?

As I said, I've seen Cats before, but didn't remember enough about it. Now having just seen it last week on Oasis, I would still encourage people to try it.

A few observations:

- The story is in the songs. A lot of people have trouble processing lyrics that are sung as opposed to spoken words.

- Some people seemed put off by the names of the Cats... "That's stupid, why would a cat be named that?"

- A lot of the people who left had kids with them. So the show may have just gone too late. There is a matinee show, so keep that in mind.

- For those kids who stayed (and some adults), you can go up on stage at the break and take pictures with Old Deuteronomy.

- The second half is better than the first half: More singing, less dancing, catchier tunes. There is even some suspense in the story line.

- Keep in mind there are multiple showings. The people at the next table in the MDR told us they aren't late night types, so knew they just couldn't make it through the second half. So they went back another day to see the second half.

It all comes down to personal preferences. I've seen both Cats and Mama Mia. Mama Mia on Broadway and Vats in both Melbourne and Brisbane, Australia. While I enjoyed Mama Mia, it just didn't have the same impact that Cats did for us. It seemed more like a play with music whereas I saw Cats as a full scale production.