FTTF worth it in Galveston?

Taylors

Just booked our cruise and saw that FTTF is available. It was not around the last time we cruised so I don't really know much about it. How is boarding at the Galveston port? Is FTTF worth it? We are going to Key West, Nassau, and Freeport. So no tenders. So it would basically be for boarding only. Are the other perks worth it in your oppinion? We'd have to buy it for 2 rooms so is it worth $120 to get priority boarding and to the room earlier?

Just booked our cruise and saw that FTTF is available. It was not around the last time we cruised so I don't really know much about it. How is boarding at the Galveston port? Is FTTF worth it? We are going to Key West, Nassau, and Freeport. So no tenders. So it would basically be for boarding only. Are the other perks worth it in your oppinion? We'd have to buy it for 2 rooms so is it worth $120 to get priority boarding and to the room earlier?

That is for you to decide. For me and my wife it is worth a few dollars to be able to put our carry on luggage in the room and eat and explore. For others the dollars are more important than their time and both choices are valid.

Are you all adults or will some of your party be kids? I have never done it before, but I purchased it for our Feb. Cruise out of Galveston. We are taking our kids ages 5, 7, &9 and the mere thought of standing in a long line with 3 kids who will probably be hungry and anxious to get on the ship, makes it worth it for me haha!

All adults, except for one toddler. Out last cruise was out of Ft Lauderdale. Boarding was smooth And there were no long waits. Not sure how Galveston port is.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

We purchased FTTF last year out of Galveston, and based on our experience, we have secured it for our upcoming October cruise from G-town, as well.

Last year, it was a couples cruise -- our friends did not have FTTF. We had a leisurely lunch in Galveston and boarded around 2:00pm. We walked right past all of the winding lines, straight through security with no wait, and right to our room with luggage waiting on us. Our friends were about 35 minutes behind us, but didn't receive all luggage until around 7 pm. No tendering necessary, but it was nice to have priority disembark and to be able to use special guest services line.

For me, it is well worth the money to avoid being herded into the lines and to start my vacation just a little quicker!

If the only reason you want it is to board early, skip it. Just get there early.

Boarding early is the last reason I would get it. I think the other perks make it worth the price for me.

I hate to wait.

I get there after boarding has started and walk straight past all the people in line.

Go to the FTTF line at guest services on the ship. Really proved helpful when a bag did not show up.

Sleep late, have breakfast, then walk down to the tender and put straight on.

My luggage is there when I get to my room after eating.

Worth it to me, but like I said, not if all you want is early boarding.