Carnival Private Island Beach Break?

MiLindaKY

Does anyone know about this Private Island Beach Break? Carnival list *new*. Where is it? Is it that Coral Sands Beach Resort? The photos on Carnival web site look nicer than beach at caye caulker. we curently have coral breeze beach break booked for Belize. But I am having 2nd thoughts about the beach quality and swimming there. We have 4 kids going and don't want to snorkle, but want activities to keep kids happy. Like sandcastle sand and able to have beach entry swimming. the more I read about caye caulker doesn't seem to be what I think it was. We like beaches like Sapphire beach in St Thomas and Orinet Beach in St marrten. NOt done Western cruise before. We planned snorkle in caymans, beaches in costamaya and cozumel. Hope to have a nice beach in belize, since family doesn't want to site see, snorkel, or cave tube. Also want to be able to have beer and mixed drinks available on beach. leaving in 17 days on Miracle 10/9, speedy responses needed. thanks

I don't think Caye Caulker is what you are looking for. I've been to Caye Caulker and thought it was wonderful - but not for kids and the only place that I found where you can swim is the split. I also know that Carnival does not have an excursion for Coral Sands. I have been in touch with Coral Sands about this. They will open for you if you can bring in a group of 30 or more. Maybe if enough people complain to Carnival about not having this option they will consider it.

I think I can answer this for you. This is a brand new location in Belize. The island is actually called Bannister Caye. They have a website http://www.bannisterisland.com. With it being so new, there isn't a lot of information about it. I'm not sure what prices Carnival is charging for the tour, but I can see on their site they have 3 different option with different prices.

If you are looking to stay away from the high cruise ship prices, some private operators may soon be offering tours at lower prices that include this stop as part of the tour.

Hope this helps.

Littlebit12.....

It is my understanding that only Carnival is selling this beach trip from the ship. I don't know what the price is. They sell 3 different tours:

1. Just Beach $

2. Beach with Kayaks $$

3. Beach with Paddleboats $$

Their site only gives the "$" sign to indicate price. My guess is the beach only is in the upper $40's and the other ones with $$ are closer to $60. Seems a bit much for just taking you to an island, but that is the price you pay when buying on the ship.

From the rumor mill in Belize, I hear that Carnival made a crazy agreement that none of their passengers can buy a tour to this island from anyone other than Carnival. Other ships arriving in Belize don't sell this island, so tours can only be purchased from an independent operator from non Carnival ships. Again, this is rumor, but I have seen on some Booking Agent sites the note "Note available for Carnival Passengers". This more less supports the rumor. Am I the only one who sees this as flat out wrong. Yeah, I know I'm an operator in Belize so my view my be skewed, but I thought we (operators and cruie lines) were in business to service the customer. In any case, that exclusivity does not seem right if guests of Belize don't have options. Just my 2 cents.

I think you all will see a nice tour built around this new island from a private operator very soon. I can't say who because I would be violating the CC rules.

As far as not hearing back from Bannister Island, I know their website is not working right now. This may be affecting their emails too. When I was in Belize last week I met with the Island Manager. I learned a lot so I can help answer any questions that anyone may have. I'm on email more than CC, so feel free to contact me with questions about the island.

Hope this helps.

Paul, I appreciate all of your help. I did hear back from Bannister and was told that this tour can only be booked through Carnival. However, I will hold off on booking through Carnival and hope that another tour operator will run an excursion to this Island...an all inclusive package would be even better :rolleyes:

Question: How would you compare Bannister Island to Coral Sands Beah Club?

Littlebit12.....

You may not know that Coral Sands no longer exists. I don't know all the details, but I do know there is nothing left on the island.

But Bannister Island is the same concept as Coral Sands but better. These guys really thought through everything and will continue to make it better.

The beach is better because of the swimming area. At Coral Sands there was a steep drop off close to shore. At Bannister, you can walk out 150 feet and still be standing.

The facilities on Bannister Island are first class...clean and modern.

I'm sure as they move along, there will be some "things" to straighten out. But they are committed to creating a great island destination.

Coral Sands was nice, but this place is better.

Well sound like I am sold for Bannister Island :D

I had not idea that Coral Sands is closed. They told me that are closed for the season but will open if I have 30 people. Since I already have a party of 15 I thought I'd be able to round up another 15 hear on these message boards. All that work for nothing :mad: lol

Well, Bannister Island sounds great and my group and I are definately interested. If you hear more details about bookings outside of Carnival, please let me know. I understand the rules of cruise critic, so feel free to shoot me an email.

Here is an email that I rec'd from Bannister Island.

The Island can currently accommodate 6-700 people, however your arrival date is in low season and only Carnival is in Belize on that Day so I would suspect you will have able space and privacy. Carnival time slots are ;

arrive BI. 09.15am rtn 1.15pm

arrive BI. 10.15am rtn 2.15pm

arrive BI.11.15am rtn 3.15pm

What I don't like about this excursion is they have time slots. I'd like to get as much time in as possible and not be subjected to return at 2:15. Any chance that this may change?

Littlebit12 - What I don't like about this excursion is they have time slots. I'd like to get as much time in as possible and not be subjected to return at 2:15. Any chance that this may change?

I know Carnival does have 3 departures. The confusing thing is they sell it as a "6 hour tour". The schedule you posted is accurate from my understanding. Using my fingers to count, it looks like a 4 hour tour. Now if the spin is that you can take the first departure and return on the last boat, it will be 6 hours (9:15 to 3:15). What happens if everyone wants to return on the last boat? I think they just have some logistics to work out. Keep in mind, it is brand new.

cruzn buckeye - Could that have been Bannister Island?

This could have been Bannister Island. Coral Sands and Bannister Island are very close to each other. Even some of the locals may not fully understand what is what. The way you can tell, Bannister is 90% sand (beach) and Coral Sands is about 10% sand and the rest "jungle".

Hope this helps.

What is cucumber beach like? compared to Bannister? what does a taxi cost to go from pier to Cucumber beach? Oh and I read that someone wrote they tendered in from the Ship to the port on a Catamaran? would this be correct? the poster said that there was a choice for tendering into Belize, fast or slow boat? I never heard this from anyone else? what is the tendering situation there? We are open for suggestions at this port, we do not want to cave tube or canopy tour or site see, we just want a nice beach day with eating and drinking options with some shade and bathroom facilities. what do you suggest?

my email is we3k9@yahoo.com if you want to send it there since you are limited as to what you can say on this board. just put something in the title so I know you are not a spammer.

Lilbit when are you going on your cruise,you said Bannister Island said it was during low season? We are leaving in 13 days and are thinking of doing this excursion. I couldn't get any info from Carnival when I called so where did you find out about the different time slots??I'm wondering if it would be better to just wait and book it when we get on the ship.Any ideas anyone???

We are booked on Glory and will be in Belize 1/31/06. Here's what Carnival is offering time wise for the "Private Island Beach Break" for our cruise:

There are TWO choices of times: 9:15 AM thru 3:15 PM OR 10:15 AM thru 4:15 PM.

The cost is $42.00 pp. This price only includes one rum punch. At your own expense there is a restaurant & bar.

Rentals: Pedal boats and kayaks must be booked prior to your arrival on the island. Once on board, visit the Shore Excursion Desk to reserve your spot.

Hope this helps a bit! Happy Sailing! OCruisers :)

I emailed carnival and this is what they emailed back:

Dear Guest,

The 6 hour duration would refer to anyone wishing to stay on the island for the entire time. There will be a service returning at different interval for those guests that wish to stay only approximately 4 hours and not the entire time.

I guess we are going to go ahead and book it.

susibell .... That's great! We'll be anxiously waiting to hear what YOU think!

Please ... Please ... Please tell us all about it when you return! Find out EVERYTHING -- including the cost of food & drinks.

:D You have a mission! We're depending on you!

Happy Sailing! OCruisers :)

Archived