Hardy Toll road north CLOSED this wkend

sandinmyshoes

If you are driving from anywhere north of The Woodlands, TX to a ship in Houston or Galveston this weekend, please be aware the beginning of Hardy Toll Road (the easy & fast alternative to I45) will be closed all wkend for construction to the new Houston outer loop bypass.

Alternate routes would be to take 45 south to Hwy 1960 & cut across to Hardy or cut over to 59 in Conroe on hwy 242. (242 cutover would be my preferred way simply because the extra traffic on 45 with the construction is going to be terrible.

I hope this saves some people a headache on their way to their vacation!

Living in Houston for all the years I did, I guess I just got used to it. But now that I don't live there anymore I am now convinced that all the major cites in TX are in a competition to see which one can have the absolute worst traffic situation. Houston, Dallas, Ft Worth, San Antonio and El Paso are all an absolute nightmare to drive in these days. (won't even go into how bad Austin is :eek: )