What to do right by pier area?

cruise-addict

I've been reading that there are some activities to do right by the pier...like a zip line and possibly a beach? Any experience you can give am opinion on, and pricing? Thanks! !

Looks like you are on NCL and the ship will dock at Coxen Hole. All you have in this area is shopping at the pier or you can walk out to the street for some local shopping.

Best thing to do for around 30.00 p/p is to hire a cab for the day and tour the island and also maybe a little beach time. The driver will stay with you and take you to any place of interest. Pay driver at end of tour.

Head to West Bay. You can have a beach day and there are a couple of ziplines at the top of the hill before you get to the beach. We hired a taxi for the day and would have been cheaper to book thru the ship. Coxen hole should be renamed Coxen Hell. We went outside the gate at the pier and was surrounded by hawkers. We made it about 50 yards and the DW said that she had enough. We went back to the ship. This is a port where you need to take a tour, especially out of Coxen Hole.

There are two cruise ports on the island.. are you porting at Mahogany Bay? Everything you ever wanted to know about Mahogany Bay can be found here.

If you boat ports in Coxen Hole, that is a whole other kettle of fish.

Any idea where Emerald Princess will dock in February?

Any idea where Emerald Princess will dock in February?

From what I understand, Carnival owns Mahogany Bay. Any ship belonging to Carnival docks there. Now the hitch in the get along is at times do to current or weather ships are unable to dock at Mahogany.. on some of those occasions I have heard tell of ships shifting to dock/tender at Coxen Hole. I have also heard of ships skipping Roatan.

The Mahogany Bay cruise port calendar has an Emerald Princess listed. The 1st date I see is Nov 17th.

http://www.mahoganybaycc.com/port-schedule.aspx

Cheers!

Edited by Guest 2000