Shuttle from Victoria Coach Station

RanRan1

Help. Can anyone tell me if the Princess Shuttle from the Victoria Coach Station in London has improved. I have read horror stories about guests arriving at 10AM and not leaving the station until 2PM. Should I think about private transportation to the pier in South Hampton ?

:confused:

In 2014 we had no problem. We had looked into other means of getting to Southampton . All were far more expensive than the Princess shuttle. It was easy to give the luggage to Princess and see it later in our cabin.

Help. Can anyone tell me if the Princess Shuttle from the Victoria Coach Station in London has improved. I have read horror stories about guests arriving at 10AM and not leaving the station until 2PM. Should I think about private transportation to the pier in South Hampton ?

:confused:

I had the same worries as you so we're going to take the train from Waterloo Station..

The fast train from Waterloo departs every thirty minutes and takes half the time of the coach. Fare is around 38 GBP so $110-120 for two tickets. Only a pittance more than the coach taking into consideration the time savings and the risk that no matter how early you arrive at Victoria Coach Station the first departure may already be full thus the additional wait for a second (or third) coach to arrive at an open gate.

The fast train from Waterloo departs every thirty minutes and takes half the time of the coach. Fare is around 38 GBP so $110-120 for two tickets. Only a pittance more than the coach taking into consideration the time savings and the risk that no matter how early you arrive at Victoria Coach Station the first departure may already be full thus the additional wait for a second (or third) coach to arrive at an open gate.

The taxi fare to take you to the dock :eek:

National Express operates bus service from London(Victoria Coach station) to Southampton Coach station several times a day.I booked online for September 6th, 15 pounds for 2 persons. Fares vary 1 or 2 pounds, depending on departure time. Cab fare from Southampton Coach station to the pier 10 pounds from what I've read. http://www.nationalexpress.com