Pool party on royal caribbean cruises.. particularly explorer of the seas??

Hi, I've recently been looking for cruise videos on youtube and I've seen a few with a pool party seemingly in the evening. I have been on 3 royal caribbean cruises previously (last one was about 2 years ago) so I'm just wondering if anyone has seen one of these pool parties? They look really fun!

I've only heard of "white party" on European cruises. However every cruise we have been on has an evening party on the pool deck once per cruise. Not the mass quantities of food they used to have, but usually lots of fruit and ice carvings on display and a buffet of finger foods and desserts.

We always enjoy the poolside parties on RCCL's Caribbean cruises.

As previously mentioned, they no longer have the whole roasted pig, but there is plenty of finger food and fruit and of course, those 14.00 drinks in a pineapple or with little umbrellas!

There is usually live music and an ice carving or two.

Enjoy!

I must have just missed them before maybe?! So hope there will be one on my cruise in September. . I hate those party things on the royal promenade! Worse than being in a tube station in central London during peak time!:mad:

Just keep an eye on your Cruise Compass each day.

They're usually around 22:00/23:00.

So does all Royal Caribbean ships do this or just in Europe/America? Im travelling on RCI this January out of Australia and this sounded so exciting so wanted to know if I should get excited or not.. I like to plan ahead but surprises can be managed.

Edited by Willow45

So does all Royal Caribbean ships do this or just in Europe/America? Im travelling on RCI this January out of Australia and this sounded so exciting so wanted to know if I should get excited or not.. I like to plan ahead but surprises can be managed.

We were on a 17 day Australia/NZ cruise last year on Radiance of the Seas and we had a pool party with music played by a DJ, dancing and an outdoor buffet from 10:30 -11:30pm one night.

We were on explorer 29th June. Our pool party was in Palma, Majorca and yes it was good fun. Great atmosphere!

We had one in Palma on Indy a few years back... it seemed to stop quite abruptly which we thought was weird, but we later discovered that the locals had complained about the noise and the police shut us down! :mad:

We didn't have a pool party on my last cruise, but then we were in Iceland and Norway and it was a bit chilly and damp! We'd have all been up top in thick jumpers and rain coats! :rolleyes: