What to do with 10 people that won't cost a fortune?

adamsmom

We are arriving in March on the Carnival Glory. There are 2 families with a total of 10 people - 4 adults 3 teens and 3 kids. Is there someplace we can rent a beach villa for the day or something where we don't have to pay per person to get somewhere and do something? We have been there 8-10 times, but never with such a large group.

Two taxis should get all 10 of you to any of the popular beach clubs for about $50 each way. There is no admission fee for the non-all inclusive side of Mr. Sanchos, nice beach, small pool, good food/drinks/service. Water toys for the older kids will run about $12 each.

Paradise beach has better facilities IMHO, a HUGE pool, but comes with a $3 per person admission fee.

Closer, but with no beach or pool (so maybe not appropriate for the younger ones), and offering great snorkeling from the shore is the Money Bar. Good facilities, rental gear, good food/drinks/service. Taxi each way for 10 of you should be closer to $25-30.

We are arriving in March on the Carnival Glory. There are 2 families with a total of 10 people - 4 adults 3 teens and 3 kids. Is there someplace we can rent a beach villa for the day or something where we don't have to pay per person to get somewhere and do something? We have been there 8-10 times, but never with such a large group.

How old are the children and what sort of activities do you require? Are you docking at Puerta Maya!

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure where we will be docking, but I would guess Puerta Maya. The kids are 6, 8, 10, 12, 14 and 16. We have rented cars there before, and we may just do that again. It will be an easy, inexpensive way to get all of us around.

Unless you want to drive/tour the less touristy side of Coz (where the beaches are not safe for swimming but the views are great) or want to tour the Mayan ruins on Coz (not worth your time IMHO) I would skip renting cars and use taxis.

With that many kids in a range of ages I would head to Paradise Beach - check out the reviews on Tripadvisor and the videos on-line.