Freedom dining - New Years Eve

NauticalMiss

Can anyone tell me if freedom dining operates the same on NYE? Last year we had booked XVII for NYE but whilst we had a wonderful meal, we felt it lacked atmosphere and is perhaps not the right venue (for us) on such a party night. So, is freedom dining altered to set times on that particular night, or is it 'business as usual'?

TIA

Yeah I have seen from others on the forums that usually NYE has two sittings for freedom and you need to go to reception to specify. We are on 8.30pm sitting. Looking forward to it as we are as sea, but amber cove the next day i think there will be a few sore heads!

We were on Ventura last xmas & new year (and the year before). They have 2 sittings on NYE - 6.30 or 8.30. You have to choose one and queue up on a specified date and time to book your table. You can ask for a table for 2 or to share, but be aware that tables for 2 may be gone if you're not early enough in the queue.

I personally find that this dinner feels "rushed" (the early sitting anyway), waiters seems harassed and it's more like something to "get through" for me personally. Its also a formal night. Last new year it was also extremely noisy in the dining room, as there were so many people there I guess. Some passengers also chose to "ignore" the 6.30 time and arrived whenever they felt like it (6.40, 6.50 and even 7.05pm), which then put the waiters out, as they want to serve all of their section together, and obviously can't when some folks are so late.

There was no buffet on this evening so dining choices were somewhat limited, but I think that the select dining was open as usual.

Happy cruising.