FYI, Carnival cancelled all of their cruises out of NOLA

TxStacey

Canival cancelled all of their cruises out of NOLA up until at least October 2006. That's over a year from now. I was scheduled on the Sensation for March 11, 2006 and received an URGENT e-mail from them yesterday saying that my cruise has been cancelled. Of course I could re-book on another ship but it will cost me another 130.00 per person before a 50.00 on board credit. Same cruise, same class of ship, same amount of days..$130.00 more. I hope RCCL treats it's customers better, especially those out of NOLA.

Actually Carnival had two ships out of NOLA, the Sensation and the Conquest. The Conquest has been moved to Galveston until at least October '06 . The e-mail I got from Carnival stated that all sailings out of NOLA were cancelled until October '06. They did not state where the Sensation might go or when it would be released from it's FEMA contract. My cruise is "still" up in the air because I re-booked on the Ecstacy out of Galveston which is in contract with FEMA until March 2. I have been assured that the Ecstacy will return to service in time for my cruise. We'll see.

I read something where the three Carnival ships that are helping in New Orleans are going in for an "extensive" dry dock after their serve is up. I imagine they'll need it, too. I feel bad for all the employees (even if it IS Carnival)...I wonder if they put them on other ships or what.

Yes Carnival issued a statement after Katrina, saying they had leased those 3 ships to Gov't to help house people during the clean up. After they finish with that they would be putting all 3 ships in refurbishment. I figured it would be at least a year before they were back in service. After Rita they may be repositioning some more ships :(

I think RCCL did also. I just looked a few minutes ago and all the cruises scheduled for New Orleans this winter are gone. However, can't see where Grandeur is going to be sailing instead.

Sorry in correct post.

Archived